Aftermath

Seto Kaiba

"She's not in Japan?" I say watching an interview of (y/n) appearing on the screen.

No wonder not a single word has been spoken about her since last month. After last month dropping her off the crowded swarmed her the moment we arrived back. Bunch of idiots.

Looking through her profile she left a week after the tournament. Japan not enough for her?

"Your heading to Japan?" The interviewer says.
(Y/n) nods "I am! I'll be there for the duel monster tournament hosting the event" she says.

"It seems you've been hosting tournaments lately, what's so the most interesting about duel monsters?" She takes a moment to think about it before answering.

"Would have to be.. the dedication the player takes to analyze each card they place down. I recently saw some great matches at battle city and these guys were practically reading each other's next move" she smiles soon taking her strand of hair to the back of her ear.

Another tournament? Speak of the devil.

"Will you comment on the dress your wearing today-

The look on her face she looks exhausted.. even with all that make-up it can't cover up those eye bags. Doesn't she eat? I scoff "why do I care?"

"And I have a big event planned.. you'll just have to wait and see till next month when it comes out" she raises her eyebrows like an idiot.

Big event? She never stops does she? I turn the television off looking down at my paperwork. Haven't even dented into 20% of it.. distracting me from my work.

~~

1 week later

"Bunch of losers" I mutter.

"Mr, Kaiba I'm surprised you're here. Thank you for accepting are invitation. By any chance is there a reason your here.. at this minor league event?" The interviewer says nervously.

What the heck am I doing here? Bunch of nobodies here. All these chumps call themselves duelist..

"Kaiba?" He says again.

"I'm here to promote my own business, in a short couple weeks I will announce a new project in the works. For chumps like these people here to try my new item for the first time" the interviewer looks surprised.

"A-amazing. Well you heard it folks Kaiba will announce something big. Don't know how much bigger it can get but stay tuned" as we finish the interview off I begin to head for the stadium.

Reserved seats for the best if that's the case then..

As I enter the stadium name plates are placed on the seats. Entering the box my name in the first one looking through the names I spot-

"Darling she's coming tonight right? She's so beautiful."
"Wonder what's she's going to wear?"
"Would it be okay to ask her out-
"In your dream."

Yeah right, bunch of nerds thinking they have a chance with her. As I find my seat I widen my eyes her name is next to mine.

"So she's coming?" I mutter.

Remember I'm not coming for that darn brat I came cause promoting Kaiba Land is my number one priority. Looking down at my watch then back to her name plate I shake my head "in your dreams."

"Keep your eyes on the road" she grabbed my chin.

The tint on her bright cheeks.. she was light as a feather that day. The whole ride back was quiet yet any chance I got..

Soon a staff comes in a hurry coming over to my seat "sorry excuse me" she bows before she grabs (y/n)'s name. She exchanges it for another name.

"Oh man.. I forgot" I hear a voice from behind "she had to cancel last second cause she got sick."

From the corner of my eye the group begins to mutter "seems they did announce she wasn't coming this morning. Well that sucks."

"What!!!" I blurt out.

I sigh heavily "what a waste of time" I get up out of my seat. Grabbing my phone news articles begin to pop up.

Darling was set to appear for her schedule for upcoming duel monster ,but unable to make it due to sickness. We hope she recovers quickly.

Could have at least told me.. sick? That day I saw her on tv she didn't look healthy. The idiot probably wanted to come ,but didn't recover in time.

Maybe this is sign for us to never meet again.

~~

Darling / (y/n) pov

"I told you should have rested when we told you to!" Mai says as she brings me a cup of tea.

"A-a-achooo!" I sneeze into a tissue "I tried to do everything ,but I guess I overworked myself once again" I laugh it off.

"I know you really wanted to MC today ,but your health always comes first" I nod.

"Yeah.. I promised them but I let them down. I wonder if it will back fire on me later?" I sip on the tea cupping my hands feeling the warmth of the tea going through the palms of my hand.

"Well it looks like Seto Kaiba went" she shows me her phone of articles about him showing up.

Minor league dueling competition? What is he doing at a competition like that?

"Looks like you two would have meet up if you weren't so sick" Mai raises her eyebrows.

"Now your mom's going to be calling me every hour to see about your condition. Get some rest I'll bring over some medicine later when it's time" she pats my head.

"Alright.." as she leaves I grab my laptop soon pulling up the recent articles on the tournament.

"Seto Kaiba" I mutter.

I haven't seen him since last month.. after dropping me off we parted ways. Of course that was the plan having any sort of connection with him.. I mean.. he blew up his own island. His crazy..

For the last month I've been doing a lots of small work projects like commercials for the newest make up line. Photo shoots for popular brands, I've got to admit after battle city lots of brands wanted me to sponsor me more than before.

Sure got to thank Seto Kaiba for that...

I slap my face..

No. No thank you. I did it with my hard work and dedication. I shake it off . Seriously need to stop thinking about him..