Chapter nine

"Pink" someone said as Pink, Mitch, and I walked out of the emporium. Mitch's arm was around my waist, holding me close to him.

"Hey" pink said, I think it was to Jodi.

"You hear anything more about a beer bust?" She asked my brother.

"Talk to this man right here" Pink said pointing his thumb back at Wooderson.

"Patience darlin', patience" David said to her. Mitch and I saw Sabrina Davis so we went over to her.

"Hey" the three of us said at around the same time.

"What are you two doing here?" She asked. I had a class with Sabrina where we sat close to each other so we kind of became friends.

"I was just about to ask you the same question" Mitch said to her.

"My brother and his friends brought us" I said to her.

"That's cool, Jodi and her friends brought me," she said, she then looked at Mitch, "I heard you got busted."

"Oh yeah" he said back.

"They just got Hirschfelder too," Sabrina said.

"Really?" Mitch asked the same time I went "what about Tommy and Carl?"

"Yeah, Tommy and Carl weren't there when we pulled up."

"Like how bad did they get him?" Mitch asked her.

"Bad" she said.

"Was it O'Bannion?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"God I hate that jerk" Mitch said putting his fingers in between his eyebrows or something.

"O'Bannion sucks" I said.

"I know" Sabrina said with a small giggle. Mitch moved his arm up from my waist to my shoulders.

"So um, what have you guys been doing?Just..." Mitch asked, he was trying to make small talk.

"I don't know, driving around mostly, I didn't know that Jodi was your big sister," Sabrina said.