Cerulean City Interlude

Tiberius slammed his fist into the side of Kerr's head. The pig came crashing down, like a dropped sack of flour. A kick to the side set him right. The steel toe brought about a superb cry.

"Fucking useless idiot!"

The pig lay sprawled out on the floor of Griffith's office, clutching his side and gasping for air.

"I- AH!"

Tiberius's boot nailed the back of Kerr's knuckles, splitting them open. Across the room, the other useless fools watched. The giant stared dumbly at an empty spot on the wall, fidgeting with his trembling meaty hands. While the cowboy watched with a smirk. Tiberius kicked again, getting a beautiful howling scream from Kerr. He kicked again and rather than scream, the pig thrashed uselessly at Tiberius's leg, squealing.

"Griffith! Call off your fucking dog!"

From behind the desk, a solemn look gazed passively. His brother made no objection as Tiberius kicked the pig again.

"Locate and report. That was your mission. You were not to engage alone," Griffith said plainly.

Kerr stared daggers at him. He opened his mouth but had it shut swiftly by a sharp kick to the jaw. A muffled scream split the air. Griffith sighed.

"Let alone in a damn city!" Tiberius yelled.

"Tiberius..."

"What?" he barked.

"Enough."

Tiberius glared at his brother. A plain gaze met his glare. Tiberius huffed and stepped away from the pig.

"Not only did you lose the fugitives but you caused an international incident. Our behaviour reflects on all of Kanto and Johto. How do you think it looks to the other regions when Plateau employees are destroying city centres?"

Kerr avoided Griffith's eyes like they were poison. He struggled to his feet. The pig's fat little mouth moved as a pathetic muttered whisper passed his lips. Tiberius lurched forward and grasped a handful of his hair.

"What was that?!"

"Ah! N-noth- Ah! How was I supposed to know they'd be strong?!"

"Strong? They're piss poor rookie trainers!" Tiberius yelled.

"Piss poor?! She- They-"

"Do not argue, Kerr," Griffith said.

Silence filled the room. Griffith glanced at Tiberius. Their speckled eyes met and he released the pig, who in turn stumbled forward on his portly little legs. He braced against the desk before shooting back like he'd touched a stove.

"Where is my daughter?" Griffith asked.

"She fled with her friend, westward I'm-"

"Not the fugitive, my daughter."

"Oh, Leah? I don't know, she disappeared. Maybe she's tracking them?"

Griffith slammed his fist onto his desk. The crash rung around the silent office. The next words to leave his mouth were venom.

"You lost my daughter?"

Blood dripped onto the carpet from Kerr's knuckles. His gaze fell to the red blotches by his feet as Griffith's harsh, oppressive gaze bore down on him. As much as Tiberius enjoyed watching the pig suffer, he interjected.

"The girl's smart but weak, most likely she intercepted them on their way out and got beaten. She's probably just licking her wounds, she'll show up."

Griffith unclenched his fist shakily, sighed and brought his hand up to knead his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose.