Never the first pick

Jake had never been the first choice for anything in his life. He was always the backup, the second option, the one people turned to when their first choice fell through. It had become a pattern in his life, and he had grown used to it.

So when he met Sarah, he didn't expect to be her first choice either. She was beautiful, kind, and incredibly smart. She had a successful career and a wide circle of friends. Jake, on the other hand, was just an average guy, with a mediocre job and a few close friends.

But to his surprise, Sarah seemed to genuinely like him. She went out of her way to spend time with him, and they quickly developed a deep connection. Before long, they were inseparable, and Jake realized he had never been happier.

As their relationship grew, Jake couldn't ignore the lurking fear that he was still just a backup plan for Sarah. He worried that she would eventually realize she could do better and leave him behind. But every time he tried to bring it up, she reassured him that she loved him and had chosen him deliberately.

Eventually, Jake couldn't deny Sarah's feelings for him. He realized that he didn't need to be anyone's first choice to be happy. He was perfectly content with being Sarah's partner, someone who loved her deeply and was dedicated to making her happy.

Their romance continued to flourish, and they moved in together, creating a warm and inviting home. They built a life together, full of laughter, love, and contentment. Jake realized that being the first choice didn't matter as long as they had each other.

In the end, Jake and Sarah's relationship taught him that love was about more than being someone's first choice. It was about finding someone who saw you for who you were and loved you unconditionally. And in Sarah, Jake had found just that.

the end