CH.4:Retry🍊

“Ooh, Meddsyyyyy….~”

“No.”

“I know you hear me….~”

“Leave me alo~one.”

“You’ll get rid of me if you answer.”

“I’m working.”

“Stop working, then!” Ban Hammer walks in and turns off his computer. Medkit grumbled, looking up at him. “You were in a phight you must be tired!”

“If you’re not dying, bleeding, having a heart attack, or one of your limbs isn’t attached to your body, leave me alone.” Ban Hammer sighed, picking Medkit up and kissing him on the cheek. Medkit grumbled and just took it, looking away very noticeably from him. “You know if people find out you’re even inches too close to me, you’re gonna get yourself killed.”

“So?” Medkit rolled his eye as he checked stuff off of his clipboard. Ban Hammer grabbed him like a doll, picking him up and throwing him over his trouble. Not something completely surprising so Medkit doesn’t squirm or anything.  “Listen. I came here because you and I got off on the wrong foot. I wanna make it up to you so me and you are going on a date today! No guards, no secret takedowns, no taking you to jail. Nothing. Just you and me going…wherever.”

“Ban Hammer…why on Inpherno would I ever go on a date with YOU willingly?”

“Okay OUCH, first off, and second off, if you go with me, I’ll pay.”

“I can pay for myself.”

“What’s it gonna take, dude?!”

“Why are you so obsessed with me?”

“Fuck if I know. You’re always so damn grouchy and tired. It’d be nice to pick at your brain. I’m not trying to date you that’s gross. I just wanna see how you…y’know. How you think.” Medkit looked back at the big dumb idiot with a concerned look. Not in a ‘Are you okay?’ way, but more of a ‘you’re a fucking weirdo’ way. But seeing him be so interested in something other than punting children(literally) kind of made him feel…good. He sighed and put down his clipboard. He could feel Ban Hammer staring him down from behind with a hopeful toothed grin on his face as he put him down.

“...If I go with you, will you leave me alone?”

“ONLY if you come with me!” Medkit thought for a bit before he sighed, putting his clipboard in his neatly organized suitcase, obviously in the shape of a medical kit, and walked off back to Lost Temple. As soon as he returned, he realized what he had agreed to and panicked. What the hell was he going to do?! What was he gonna wear?! Was he even thinking about eating?!

Later. . .(Because the author is lazy.)

Medkit sighed as he waited at the train station. He read a book on his phone intently as he looked up occasionally for the purple freak. He had only looked up a few times, but just as he looked up again, he was met by four Amethyst eyes staring right at him. He jumps back before realizing it was just the big idiot who wanted to go out with him. Ban picks him up, laughing like he had just rigged a game. “Hahah! Oh, man, I didn’t expect you to dress up for lil old me!”

“Little in the brain, yes. You’re not little.” He could barely finish his sentence before being thrown over Ban Hammer’s shoulder for the 100th time. Ban walked into the train and after a bit, the doors shut. There was no turning back. Despite his cold attitude to everyone, he couldn’t help feeling a bit…happy. Not just from being dragged from his work. But just from doing something that wasn’t from his typical schedule. But a bit uneasy about also doing something that wasn’t on his schedule. He saw demons, young, old, around his age, and so on, looking up at him. Some were in confusion, some in fear of seeing the warden right in front of them, and various taunting snickers. “Do you have to carry me like this everywhere…?”

“If people see you like this, they’ll think you’re a criminal!”

“And that’s good…why??”

“Because then nobody will try to take you just to report it to me, standing RIGHT next to you.”

“...Ugh. You make a decent point.”

“Yeah- wait I do?” Medkit rolls his eye as he tries to ignore everyone staring at him. Before he knew it after getting on his phone, they were finally off the train. Medkit is put down by Ban Hammer before he holds his hand. He was taken aback as he hesitated to hold Ban’s big hand back. He eventually caves and squeezes it back. “Heh. Didn’t expect that.”

“Shut up.” Ban Hammer opens the door for Medkit and leads him inside. The two sit down at a booth across from one another. Ban Hammer was barely able to fit in the booth. His knees touched the bottom of the table, his hands were ¼ the size of the table. And it was about a yard and a half long and 2 ½ feet wide. Luther looked pretty average sitting in the booth, though. He looked away from Ban Hammer awkwardly, who seemed to be staring intently at him.

One of the waiters comes over with a tray, handing each of them a glass, introducing herself to them, and asking if they’re ready to order. Ban Hammer orders some food for the two. Just a pizza, nothing too fancy, like Ban Hammer said. Medkit, however, couldn’t help but notice his attitude. He was so…formal. He was such a douche around other phighters. But…why was he being so nice when he was around Med. When she walked away, he gave him a pretty gentle smile. ‘Why the hell is my face heating up like this?! No way I have a crush on this brute.’ Medkit’s face was sprawled with a small, teal blush.

“Someone’s got a crush.”

“As if I’d ever have a crush on y-”

“You’ve got a thing for that lil’ waiter girl, don’tcha??” He really is a brute. Not a smart one, though. Medkit rolled his eye and looked away from Ban Hammer. He couldn’t believe he was right in front of the warden of Banlands on…whatever this was. A date? “Hey. Uh…can I ask ya somethin’?”

“No.”

“It’s not a joke, I promise!” Medkit gave him a side eye before looking at him fully with annoyed body language, crossing his arms and leaning back in his booth seat. “Listen uh…about a few days ago. When I kinda…kissed you.”

“I still can’t get the taste of your grody lips off my mouth.”

“Yeah yeah, sourpuss. I just wanna ask…did you, like, mean to kiss me back?”

“It was an instinct.”

“That’s legit. I just wanna…say sorry.”

“...what?”

“Sorry. For…kissing you. I should’ve asked.”

“Yes, you should’ve.” Ban looked away shamefully before feeling a hand on his. “But…I guess I’ll forgive you.”

“So…this won’t affect our friendship?”

“We’re not-...” Medkit pauses. Ban Hammer was staring right at Medkit’s smaller hand before cupping it with his other hand. He felt his heart melt. He couldn’t break this big idiot’s heart, even if he was a brute with no brain in his noggin. He couldn’t do that to him. He sighed. “No. It won’t.”

“What where you gonna say b’fore?”

“...Nothing.”

"...How's about we get you that lil waiter's number."

"I don't want her-...nevermind."

Word count:1222 I love them.))