CH.8:Turn💔

Finally, it was a clear day. It was humid and warm. Flowers were blooming, it being the start of Spring. Medkit seemed to always be a bit more approachable during such days. It made him…happy? He was comfy in his suit. Not too cold, not too hot. A comfortable wind was blowing outside. And to everyone’s surprise, the stoic, black cat man was talking to his Border Collie friend, Ban Hammer. “You’re gonna end up confessing to your crimes!”

“Have fun with that. That’ll never happen.”

“So you ADMIT???”

“Nope.”

“C’mon!!” Medkit turns away, snickering at Ban Hammer’s determination. It was kind of sweet. But he did enjoy talking to someone about something other than work. Behind those big metal doors, Ban was pretty sweet…kind of. Well, he appreciates his effort. He was also surprisingly quiet when the two were alone. No way he actually liked Medkit. And no way it was vice versa. I mean…they kissed. But does that mean anything? Probably. Nothing Medkit couldn’t shake off. They spent lots of time together for this reason, so it wasn’t something he could run from.

Speaking of running…a cold, metal hand slowly placed itself on Medkit’s shoulder. He froze. Ban Hammer looked back as he felt Medkit’s hand leave his. He called out for him before lifting his blindfold up. His eyes widened as he saw his rival…Scythe. The most wanted Cowgirl you could ever meet. She lifted her hat, revealing her White Smoke-colored eye, glowing under the shadow over her face. “Howdy, Banny…~”

“Scythe-”

“Oh so you know her?” Ban Hammer raised an eyebrow, spawning his large hammer and slumping it over his shoulder as he stared down at the shorter teal colleagues.

“And ye’ know him. I’m not surprised, Medsy.” Scythe leans into Medkit’s ear with a grin. “You’ve always been so loyal…helping the family by getting rid of the biggest threat in our way. Getting him to fall for you? What a bold attack.” Medkit gulped down his slight fear as he stared at Ban Hammer’s visibly upset expression, then to the left of him at Scythe’s cheeky grin. She raises her head looking at Ban Hammer, stepping up to him and spawning her modified weapon, holding it with 2 hands like it’s a bat. “Or…have you actually fallen for the fool.”

“. . .”

“Meds…what the hell is she on about?”

“Ah…you have. How pathetic, turning to the law instead of your family…”

“You and Broker not my family. And I have not turned to the law.”

“You’re absolutely right. In fact…we OWN you. We’re protecting YOU from people like him. Or is there something you wanna tell us…?~”

“. . .nothing at all. Now please leave us be--”

“OH NONONONO!! Seems like you were SUPER focused on something besides your work, so should I tell him why he’s been getting close with you and vice versa, darlin’?”

“Scythe--”

“Listen here, you fucking--”

“Woah, calm down, manipulator. We all know you’re using Medkit, don’t we??” Ban Hammer’s expression turned from anger to both confusion and offense. “Don’t lie. You wanna use him to your hearts content ‘til he gives in to tellin’ you all the information you need to arrest my family. Dont’cha?” Ban looked over at Medkit. He was visibly in dissaray, clenching the left of his chest in his hand.

“Meds, you don’t seriously believe that, right?!”

“It’s not too unbelievable, honestly.”

“Ya ain’t so innocent yerself, cowboy. Wanna talk about you also using Ban Hammer for the extra protection. Even if you’re in True Eye.” Ban Hammer growled at Medkit. Medkit stepped back as Scythe watched as their relationship came crashing down, the two staring for a minute before Ban Hammer pulls out a pair of handcuffs, stepping up to Medkit. He flinched before dashing away, slipping through the crowds of people, avoiding the law as Ban Hammer chased after him. Scythe stayed back, watching the men quarrel as they dashed off away and after one another. She had a toothed grin on her face as she tipped her hat back down. “Oh, how th’ mighty fall…” She pops a cigarette between her lips and lights it, puffing some smoke before walking off.

Medkit stumbled as he ran. His shoes were heeled, so running from the law is the one thing he didn’t expect to be doing today. He could run in heels, but not this fast with no prep. He was so close to getting back to Lost Temple before being pinned onto his back with his wrists  above his head and Ban Hammer cuffing him. He struggled under him, flailing his legs around between Ban’s thighs.

As Ban dragged him from the ground, Medkit was persistent to escape from the warden. With no second thought, he bit Ban Hammer’s hand, causing him to recoil back, waving his hand as he growled in pain. Medkit took this opportunity to dash in the other direction. ”You little freak, are you insane?!?”

Medkit refused answer, fiddling with his cuffs hoping there is no fail in escaping. Of course, the chase only lasted a bit more than a minute before Medkit trips on his step, unable to cushion his fall and falling to the ground headfirst. He sat up weakly, coughing up vomit onto the road. That was a concussion for sure. Nothing one of his crystals couldn’t fix. Before he knew it, however, a piece of cloth was wrapped around the bottom of his head, the fabric covering his mouth by the sides of his mouth. It was Ban Hammer’s blindfold. Medkit continued struggling, trying to bite but not able to. Ban slung him over his shoulder…like he always did…

“Meds. I’m sorry.” Medkit felt cold cuffs on his ankles so he woldn’t run away again. He said nothing. Not only because he couldn’t, but also because he didn’t want to. He grumbled as he reluctantly obliged, not squirming, not trying to escape. He just stayed still, his arms dragging as he looked down at his cuffed wrists. It’s been a while since he’s been in a pair of cuff courtesy of Ban Hammer. But it didn’t matter. His heart thumped in his chest as he is carried to god knows where. Except he know’s exactly where. “Sorry. It’s just my job.”

My gift to you is that there may be 1 more chapter, but also maybe not and it'll just transition to the second part. Word count:1082))