CH.5:Journaling🍊

Ever since that “not date” they had together, which was at least a month and a half ago, Ban Hammer has been attached to Medkit. And he wasn’t going to lie, Medkit was getting attached, too. Even to the point where Ban was calling him Medsy on the daily. He’s tried calling Ban Hammer Banny, but that just sounds like the nickname a 13-year-old middle schooler would get from his girlfriend.

But right now, Med was enjoying his day off, walking with an umbrella in the rain. He’s writing in his journal, trying to stay away from everyone since some people go around not wearing umbrellas and end up getting sick. He was sitting on a bench, enjoying the fact not many people were around in the rain, except for a certain big hand. Medkit turned around to see that big grinning face he’d become fond of for these past weeks. “I didn’t expect you to be out and about.”

“Well, can’t be in my armor. It’ll rust.”

“Obviously.” Ban Hammer comes from behind the bench, sitting down next to him and beginning to talk to him a bit.

“Sooo…I gotcha that lil girlie’s number. Did’ya hit it off?”

“Nope.”

“Huh-why?! Did you screw it up?!”

“No, we were great together. I just didn’t see her as more than just a friend.”

“Wow. That’s a first. Usually, the girl only sees the guy as a friend.”

“Yeah, well I’m not ‘the guy’ you’re stereotyping me to be. Besides, I don’t even find girls attractive. At least, not in the sense I would date one.”

“You’re gay??”

“Was it not obvious?”

“Uh no. You wear a suit.”

“Do gay people not wear a suit in your brute brain?” Medkit chuckles, looking at the gray sky as rain showers down. Ban puffs his cheeks and growls.

“That ain’t what I’m sayin’ and you know it.”

“Don’t tell me you’re getting angry at that joke.” Ban Hammer rolled his eyes, giving Medkit the win for that one.

“By the way…what’s that book ya writin’ in?”

“Oh-uh…it’s for therapy and stuff.”

“Therapy? Didn’t even know you went to therapy.”

“Doctors can’t treat themselves.”

“Fair. So…what do ya write in it?” Without asking, he tilts the side of the thick journal towards himself. Medkit pulls back instantly, scooting away from Ban Hammer to the edge of the bench.

“It’s personal!” Ban Hammer pulls back at the sudden raised tone coming from such a quiet, cold person. He looked back at the journal and back at Medkit.

“Sorry, jeez. Didn’t think it was that personal.”

“Well, it is.” The two scoot slowly back next to one another. The silence was hard to listen to. Nothing but the rain was heard around the two. As they sat together, Medkit kept writing in his journal, the pages turned away from Ban Hammer. He wrote intently in his journal.

“So…why do you write in a journal? Don’t you tell your therapist everything?”

“Ban Hammer. If you break a vase and have 5 other siblings, would you tell your mother the full story, twist it, and blame somebody else?”

“How does that make any sense?”

“You tell the therapist the basics. You don’t tell them everything. Have you never had a therapist?”