f o u r

FAR AWAY, FIND US IN THE FUTURE, SOMETHING IN YOUR NATURE, AND WE'RE AWAY

- GOING TO BE WONDERFUL, TOM ROSENTHAL

[[ GUYS. GUESS WHO IS SEEING HALSEY JULY 29TH. MEEEEEEEEEEEEE IM SO DAMN HAPPY SHDKSKDJDJS ]]

start :

The first meeting was quite nice. Zayn had tidied up the front room, which meant business. Harry had helped fix up the art room what with all the new canvasses. Not like Liam would wander in there, but it needed a cleaning anyway. The bedroom was nice already, perks of hardly spending any time in there. Niall had brought over some food earlier, expecting Liam to stay for dinner. Zayn was set in literally every aspect, as long as it meant staying in the apartment.

Kole had only arrived the day before, and Zayn couldn't seem to separate himself. Just earlier, he had painted his pup on a brand new canvas, holding him in his arms. He dropped a bit of pink paint on his nose, smiling when Kole attempted to wipe it off, only smearing it. This dog was good for Zayn.

When the front bell rang later, Zayn jumped off his couch. He was nervous, obviously. Harry was part of his life when he enclosed himself, and it was only accidentally told to Niall when he had his episode.

How on earth do you tell someone new? Harry had pointed out the obvious the other day, how you couldn't just plop it into conversations. Zayns butterflies intensified when he opened the door, revealing a tall man who could only be one person.

Zayn looked up at the mans face, and his heart stopped. He was wearing a polo shirt and tan pants, which Zayn really didn't care for, but he sure was gorgeous. His dark hair lightly falling over his forehead, the gel not quite strong enough, a smile plastered on his face as he stood tall, well higher than Zayn.

"Liam Payne, right?" Zayn smiled back, reaching out to shake his hand.

"That's right. You must be Zayn." He replied, his eyelashes fluttering as he blinked.

My god, maybe this wasn't love at first sight, but a deep voice and a strong grip sure confirmed Zayn's attraction at first sight.

"Come in, take a seat. I can make coffee or tea, if you'd like." Zayn offered awkwardly. He'd never been through this before... Meeting Niall consisted of a hello and goodbye, and meeting Harry was an affair held outside.

"Actually, if you don't mind, could I have some water?" Liam answered, his smile heightening on one side. Zayn nodded, and took the time in the kitchen to breathe. When he got back, he took an awkward seat next to Liam, and smiled.

"This is Kole," Zayn pointed out what was already clear, motioning to the puppy on the carpet. "He's sweet, and very energetic. How do you feel about walks every other day?" Zayn asked, quickly calculating in his head before adding : "I can pay you fifty a week for like, 30 minute walks. A hundred if you go an hour, I suppose."

Liam laughed, and Zayn was disappointed in himself. You're meant to be ready with everything when he comes over, dumbass.

"You don't have to pay me," Liam said, surprising Zayn. "I usually don't do this for money. I have a current part time job and am working at my dads shop. I really don't want to be a burden with money. It's no problem." His smile was large, but Zayn wouldn't have it.

"Oh, no. I'm paying you. I'd feel awful if I didn't. 100 a week, walks every other day. It's settled." Zayn said, ignoring Liam when he attempted to protest. "I have some chicken I can make for us, I figured you could stay for dinner."

Liam nodded, following Zayn and Kole into the kitchen. He sat at the table, Zayn refusing to let him help, and waited.

"You know, you don't seem like 'an email guy' to me..." Zayn laughed, turning toward Liam.

"What's that mean?" Liam asked, and Zayn found the way he moved his eyebrow higher quite cute.

"Harry, that guy that went over to your house, he said you looked like an email guy? That's why he didn't ask for you number." Zayn smiled, licking sauce off his finger.

"Oh, no. I'm not an email guy," Liam laughed back. "I like phones, I don't know what gave that idea... But hey, he did mention you were sick? You look nice now, are you feeling better?"

Zayns throat felt tight, scrambling for an answer. "Yeah, it was some strange head cold my mate gave me. I'm kind of a germ freak... I refused to leave the house." He gave a weak smile, serving the chicken onto plates.

That night, after small talk and smiles, it was time for Liam to leave. They stood at the door, Liam outside, holding leftover chicken, and Zayn inside, holding Kole.

"Maybe we can do that more often, yeah? Like, after you walk Kole?" Zayn smiled. Why not make a new friend?

"That sounds good, thank you."

"Hey, Liam. Could I, um, could I get your number? It's just so much easier than emails." Zayn stuttered.

"Yeah, of course." Liam smiled wide, scrambling for his phone in his pockets, letting Zayn punch his in.

They said goodbye, and it turned out to bed ten, already. Zayn didn't care though, because he liked Liam, and he was glad this was someone he'd be around more.