s i x

AND I KNOW I SHOULDNT BE HERE, BUT I WANT TO BE YOUR MAN.

- BEGINNERS, THE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH

/ so, um, i was kinda falling out of the 5sos loop, but this new song.. holy shit i enjoyed it /

start :

"Did you go to uni?" Liam asked, reaching up to rest a finger upon Zayns mothers cheek.

"For a year... I dropped out after my parents passed." Zayn smiled. He liked it when people admired his work.

"I'm sorry..." Liam whispered, glancing at Zayn. "This is beautiful, though."

It had been a week and a half now. They had just finished their fifth dinner together, and Zayn decided to show Liam the crown jewels.

"What about you?" Zayn asked, leaning back in the chair he was sitting on. "Did you go to uni? Have any family?"

"I went to uni, yeah. For architecture... I hate it though, I'm doing just fine working at the bookstore and the library." Liam took a seat next to Zayn. "My dads all I've got. My mother was a narcissistic ass who divorced him and took my sisters. Rejected me, cause I'm bisexual. She's a bitch."

Zayn nodded his apologies. "My parents were really good about me being gay..." He said, unsure if it was what he should be saying.

Liam only laughed, saying it's because the world blessed Zayn and cursed Liam, but Zayn quickly rencountered, telling Liam he was pretty well off.

"Could you paint something for me?" Liam whispered, stuck in a trance with the paintings again.

"Can I paint you?" Zayn asked, scooting closer to Liam and grabbing a canvas. (One of the new ones, just so you know. Zayn thought Liam deserved that)

"Please." Liam looked toward Zayn, smiling. God, he liked this guy.

So Liam sat where he was, slightly smiling as he admired Zayn. Recently, since they've spent so much time together, Liam has been noticing things about Zayn that makes him more and more attractive. I mean, of course, the first time he saw Zayn he had an initial thought of him being incredibly good looking, but he way he sings when he doesn't realize Liam had returned from a walk or the way he laughs at himself when he forgets silverware. It's so cute.

It got late, but Zayn and Liam remained in their spots. Zayn had finished the painting a long time ago, and Liam said it was wonderful, so Zayn planned to keep it. Maybe hang it on the wall, in a non-creepy way. But even though all the work was done, the two continued to look at each other, finding home staring into the others eyes. It was strange, but comfortable.

"Zee," Liam had adopted this nickname recently, ever since he started staying later after dinner. Maybe for a few days now. "It's late..."

Zayn nodded, standing and reaching out his hand for Liam. He walked him to the door, giving him another smile. "Call me tomorrow, yeah?" Zayn whispered, and Liam nodded.

When Liam got home, he decided 11 wasn't too late, and set out in his favorite leather jacket. He made it to a club, settling on a woman with a dimple piercing and a feather in her bangs in the bathroom stall. She looked him in the eyes and told him he was perfect, and Liam almost cried.

It was 3 am when he was done fucking the girl into the sun, and Liam did not end up at home. Instead, he found himself outside Zayns again, knocking as hard as probably possible, ringing the bell rhythmically.

"Liam?" Zayn finally answered the door, a blanket around his shoulders and a sleepy glaze over his eyes. "Why... What are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry, Zee, I don't kno- I just really don't want to go home, can I spend the night?" Liam asked, and he was sure Zayn would say no, throwing him out for being a complete psychopath, but he scooted from the doorway, letting him in.

"Lay on the couch, Li." Another nickname. Zayn propped up a bunch of pillows and took the blanket off his shoulders. "What are you wearing, hon? I mean, it looks wonderful, but do you want some sweats?" The second nickname was so pretty coming from Zayns mouth, Liam wanted to hold him, but he only smiled and nodded.

"You like the leather?" Liam sleepily asked when Zayn got back with the sweatpants.

"Liam, you look really good in black." Zayn sighed as Liam changed under the covers. "Sleep well." Zayn kissed his cheek and left for his bedroom, as Liam smiled, because Zayn liked his clothes, and that meant a fucking lot.

When Zayn woke up, he found Liam still sleeping on the couch. He made his way to the kitchen and began making a nice breakfast, something he hardly does when he's alone. He set out two plates of french toast and a small pitcher of syrup before shaking Liam awake.

"It's morning, Li, I made you breakfast." Zayn smiled, and as Liam slowly got up, Zayn noticed Liams pile of clothes. "Skinny jeans, eh?" Zayn smiled again, because holy shit that's hot.

"I went out..." Liam yawned.

"You look really good in those clothes. Why don't you wear them more often?" Zayn turned back toward Liam, being kindly reminded he slept without a shirt on. Again, holy shit, that's hot.

"You like them better?"

"No offense, hon, but you could loose the church-dad get up." Zayn said, and Liam laughed and nodded. The both walked over to the table, indulging themselves in the food.

When they finished, they found themselves together on the couch, both still in sweats, Liam shirtless, watching some cop movie. Zayn found himself getting closer to Liam, and nearly jumped when his arm fell over his shoulder, but easily melted into his side.

Zayn looked up at Liam, his eyes glowing. "You should, um, you should come over more often."