t e n

"SUNSHINE ON MY BRAIN IS, THE ONLY KIND OF PAIN"

- SUNSHINE ON MY BACK, THE NATIONAL

IM SO SORRY
IM SORRY THIS IS LATE
IM SORRY THIS IS SHORT
I LOVE YOU ALL
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU
(( I LOVE YOUR COMMENTS ))
ENJOY K?

start :

It was late when Liam ran into Niall. Zayn, Harry, and Niall had been working on the whole, outside thing, when Liam knocked. Of course, Zayn wasn't expecting him, but Liam just wanted to know his boy was okay.

That only lead to the absolute horror between Niall and Liam.

"Holy shit, Z. That Liam?" Niall asked loudly, disregarding the boy at the door.

"Liam!" Harry laughed, waving.

"Zayn, he fucking knows." Niall's mouth was wide open, and Liam was staring, frozen. "His dad fucking told hi-"

"You're the friend?" Liam asked, looking straight at Zayn.

The other two shuffled out, Harry overly confused and Niall just embarrassed.

Zayn was confused as well. "What does that mean?"

"Z, why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what??"

"You're fucking trapped in this damn apartment! Fuck... how didn't I know... It was so obvious." Liam's breathing is heavy and Zayn is paralyzed.

"Oh, Li, it's not like it's that easy to tell..." Zayn is gasping for air.

Liam paces as he pulls at his hair. This isn't what he expected.

"Well, yeah but we were so close, dammit. Zayn we were nearly in a relationship!"

"Hell, Liam. Don't you have a secret?" Zayn asks slowly, and Liam stops pacing because, yeah. He does.

So Liam huffs and plops down on the couch. Zayn sits next to him, reaching over to hold his hand. Liam thinks to pull away, but this is his baby boy. This is why he is going by Liam. This is why he's wearing the clothes he feels extremely comfortable in. This is why he has butterflies and feels giggly at the touch.

"If I told you, you'd hate me" Liam breathes, staring at his feet.

"Liam, I'm basically a fucking psychopath. I'm not going to hate you." Zayn is usually not the bigger person in these situations. He's usually the one crying, being comforted. This feels good.

"You see, when I go out clubbing, I'm not myself." Zayn is about to speak, because in almost all the movies he's seen about drinking and partying (never had a chance to go himself), no one is. But Liam cuts him off. "I go by Trey Eden... Like a cover name, if you will. I use that name to live like I'm dying, doing drugs, having sex, drinking and driving around town with threatening strangers... I probably am, you know, dying just doing this."

Zayn doesn't know what to say, who would? So he turns Liam's head by grabbing his chin, staring at him.

"I like you a whole damn lot." He whispers. "I don't give a shit... Just next time you want to act like you're dying, call me." His eyes close and he can hear Liam crying.

Maybe it was because someone knew, maybe it was because someone didn't care, maybe it was because that someone was Zayn Malik, but he was crying.

Zayns head finds a shoulder, and he can feel his own tears.

It was even later when Niall and Harry thought to check on Zayn, finding the couple on the couch, intertwined.
As if on cue, Louis pops into the doorway, smiling and moving to wrap his arm around Harry's waist.

Niall notices, rolling his eyes. "Why am I always alone?" Louis laughs, and Niall turns. "Harry, I'm gonna make out with Louis for a sec, turn away."