・.・✫Seven

୨⎯ Chapter 7⎯୧
"A Great Loss"

୨⎯ Chapter 7⎯୧"A Great Loss"

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

AS WE RACED through the chamber, the thundering footsteps of the orc army echoed behind us. Orcs emerged from every corner, crawling down pillars like spiders and springing out from the floor, surrounding us in a menacing circle. Panic gripped my heart as we found ourselves outnumbered and outmatched, until a fiery light pierced the darkness, accompanied by a deep, rumbling growl that sent shivers down my spine. The orcs, seized by fear, scattered in all directions like leaves in a sudden gust of wind.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir exclaimed, his voice trembling with awe and dread, his hand instinctively tightening around the hilt of his sword.

Gandalf's face was grave as he identified the source of the disturbance. "A Balrog-- a demon of the ancient world," he declared, his voice carrying the weight of centuries-old knowledge. "This foe is beyond any of you. Run!"

We immediately fled, racing down a narrow passageway and descending flights of stairs. I kept pace with the others, my heart pounding in my chest, every step echoing the rhythm of fear and determination that coursed through me.

As we navigated the treacherous path, I found myself teetering on the edge of the abyss, my heart raced with fear, as I flayed about. Suddenly, a strong hand grasped my arm, pulling me back from the precipice. I looked up to see Legolas, his eyes filled with concern and determination, his presence a beacon of strength amidst the chaos. "I've got you," he said, his voice steady and reassuring as he steadied me against him. In that moment, as I felt his touch and met his gaze, a rush of heat swept over me. It was as if time stood still. My cheeks filled with heat as I pulled away, "thanks" I spat quickly, looking down at my feet. He gave a curt nod before turning to the rest of the group.

Then Aragorn, with Gandalf's urging, led the way despite his reluctance to leave the wizard's side, his keen eyes scanning the darkness for any sign of danger. We approached a gap between the stairs as we made our way down, each of us halting for a minute.

As the gap loomed before me, my heart pounded with a mix of adrenaline and fear. I watched as Legolas effortlessly cleared the distance. Gandalf followed suit, his robes billowing behind him as he sailed through the air with a sense of otherworldly grace. But as I prepared to make my own leap, uncertainty gripped me like a vice.

With arrows whistling around us like angry hornets, Boromir, Merry, and Pippin vaulted forward, their faces set in grim determination as they braved the perilous leap. Aragorn ensured Sam's safety before making his own leap, his strong arms pulling the hobbit to safety with a reassuring grip.

I hesitated for a moment, unsure if my legs would obey the command to jump. Boromir's encouraging shout urged me forward, but doubt gnawed at the edges of my resolve. Then, as if sensing my hesitation, Legolas turned back, his keen eyes locking with mine in a silent reassurance.