Chapter 23 - The Coerced Face Reveal

Just when I start believing that my life is good, the universe decided to slap me right on the face

Everything was good.

My job, my married life, my mental health everything. Just three days ago, Shubman and I met at the hospital and today, here I am locked in my house.

Why you may ask?

Ever since Shubman's marital status was revealed, social media has been at a stir. There were hundreds of speculations and rumours about us but the biggest topic of discussion was "WHO IS SHUBMAN GILL'S WIFE?".

People have been trying to reveal my identity ever since. Infact, there were several women who claimed to be me. All that was still ignorable until one random fake account decided to comment "IT'S THE VIRAL GIRL FROM 3RD ODI."

That was when people started paying attention to the earrings and ring I was wearing in both the occasions and realised that it was the same person. The account that commented was freshly made and at this point, everyone with a functioning brain can put two and two together to guess who it was.

I had my doubts about Tara seeing my face that day and I was absolutely right.

Tara the swine thought that she'll cause chaos in my life and honestly, she was absolutely right. She indeed caused an uproar in my life and I don't know what to do right now.

It was a matter of time when people found out my name courtesy to the backstabbing patients who decided that revealing my name would be fun. The moment my name was revealed, people found out every other thing about me. My name, job, city, hospital's name and even my house's address.

Reporters have been flocking out of my colony's gate ever since the revelation went viral. It's a good thing that we have good security or else I don't know what would have happened by now. Shubman also hired a team who has been with us 24x7.

I was not aware about the identity reveal because it happened over night and went to my job just like every other day.

The moment I entered the hospital yesterday, atleast 15 reporters swarmed around me with cameras and microphones in their hands. The amount of fear and panic I felt at that moment is indescribable. I couldn't walk or run away. I had tears by the time security handled everything.

Somebody even leaked my phone number. Good thing that I only share my work number with patients and colleagues. I switched it off the moment it started flourishing with calls and messages.

Because of the havoc caused at the entrance of hospital, management team was involved. They decided to fire me from the job because apparently that was the only solution to avoid the chaos at hospital. Luckily, The HOD (Head of the department) of Medicine Department intervened and came to my rescue by suggesting a somewhat better solution.