Chapter 30 - The Celebration Night

Roses - Check ✓

Roses - Check ✓

Cake - Check ✓

Wine - Check ✓

Table - Check ✓

I look around the room to see if anything is left. I've decorated the table with flowers and candles, the food is in the hot pot and lastly, I'm all dressed.

Okay! Everything is ready.

Now, I just need to wait for Shubman to return.

He went for his team's photoshoot at 4 pm and was supposed to be back by 8 pm. I had 4 hours to prepare everything and luckily, I was able to. Thanks to the lovely hotel staff who helped me get all the necessary things.

I wanted to prepare a surprise for him because it's always him who does it for me and today, I wanted to make him feel special. We even have a huge reason to celebrate.

His Captaincy.

I wish I could cook for him but unfortunately, this room doesn't have a kitchen like the last one.

I even got a mini cake baked for him with 'I'm proud of you, Captain Gill.' written on it.

I decided to dress up for him a bit. Nothing fancy just a cute dress with minimal makeup.

It's a date, afterall.

I want to look good for him.

A little cleavage won't hurt

A little cleavage won't hurt. *wink*

I heard the door being knocked. I had locked the door from inside so that I'll know when he's here. I hurry to light the candles and switch all the lights off.

Pura surprise date wala mahol hona chahiye na.

(It should have the surprise date ambience.)

I opened the door and peeked my head to look at him. He tilted his head, following my movement like a cute as fuck person he is. He then noticed the murk behind me and looked at me with a small smile glazing his lips.