Chapter 13 - The Temptation

Why can't I stop thinking about her?

Ever since I came back to my room after our midnight run-in, she's all I can think about.

What was that sudden urge to hug her?

It has just been a day since we met for the first time but why am I so damn captivated by her already? She's all I can think about ever since we met and now, that enticement just increased exponentially.

Our conversation, her words.. everything was just perfect and the connection I felt with her was so heartwarming. It felt like she knows me better maybe because she follows cricket a lot and knows about me and cricket in general, but it still makes me feel special.

I was so damn tempted to hug her, to have her in my arms but I didn't want to scare or creep her out. I don't know how to describe it, but at that moment she felt like home, someone I can rely on and confide in. It's hard sharing my insecurities with anyone but somehow, it didn't feel like that with her.

Was it because of the way she was looking at me? Her eyes were full of something I couldn't decode but it made my heart skip a beat for sure.

My heart is beating erratically just thinking about her.

Will it be weird if I say that I didn't want her to leave even though it was 3:30 am? I wanted more of her.

Dil nahi bhara mera.

(My heart is not satisfied.)

She has appeared like a ray of sunshine in my sombre life and I'm going to cherish her forever. I know it's too soon to be acting like that but who cares? She's my wife.

Just one day and you're whipped.

I chuckle at the thought because it's funny how vexed I was about all this just a few hours ago but look at me now, not even an ounce of irritation.

Maybe just maybe this is the beginning of my happily ever after. 

—• 🦋 •—