ᴄʜ. 8

——————————————

❝𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐠𝐲'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.❞

it was 15 minutes before the match.. blue lock, vs the national u-20 team of japan.. in the main stadium of the locker room, everyone was changing, isagi was calm, surprisingly.. "check it out, isagi!" bachira caught isagi's attention, waving a bit. as he pulls down the jersey. "does it suit me?"

"ooh, looking good. its weird that this is our first time wearing a blue lock uniform.." isagi says, pulling on the collar of his jersey a bit. "yup! id say its about time!" chigiri spoke up, fixing his football shoes.. "we're really playing against the u-20 .. we've come crazy far."

"can the closed-off youth football star give us something to work with?" 

he huffs, a bit embarrassed. "..fuck off, bachira.." makoto, who was sitting down on one of the benches, he was expecting bluelock , like any starting football training program,, to fail. but this one, theyve came so far, he cant help but let his gaze soften, but not smile. infront of them too. ".. you guys are— okay. i guess." 

they lightened everyone's moods by a little, "crazy!? i think thats the first time you said something pretty kind to us, right?" bachira smiles teasingly, putting one hand on makoto's white hair, ruffling a bit because the boy was sitting down. "if you want it, go earn it at the field, show me you deserve it." isagi smiled then, feeling extremely pumped now.. chigiri nods. makoto was swatting bachira's hand away.

"but today wont be the end.. in fact, were just getting started." "yeah." words of approvals ring out in the locker room, as isagi confirmed. makoto, who started the chains of approval. "out on the field, only you as individuals stand out, make people look at you." makoto gave one last advice, not as hirawa makoto.. as a forward prodigy.

"hello all, im running a bit late." ego jinpachi walked in, wearing a suit, tapping on his tablet. "ive been mulling over this until the very last minute, but.. ive decided which players will be on the bench." opening a presentation on the large white screen, pointing at it.

"were allowed only three substitutions, do not let your guard down during the match, and be ready at a moment's notice." catching the attention over everyone now, deciding who will play. completely. "now, in the past two weeks, with the sole goal of winning this match.. you have all succeeded in coming together as a team."

fixing his glasses, he spoke up again with that signature cold tone of voice. "the world does not yet know of you, is this not the ultimate stage? in these coming 90 minutes, change your fates." rin was fixing on the captain armband, making sure it fit just right. "were winning this, blue lock. today, you will carve your egos into the world."

this, this is ultimate goal. to etch our similar egos into the records of football, the world will stare at them, after all of their efforts. loud noises of approval, confirmation, excitement ring out.. makoto only sweatdropped slightly, even if he felt a bit excited.. something is.. off.

he usually trusts his instincts when it comes to this, but it just felt weird. as he followed everyone out to the hallways, so they can line up before going on the field, last minute preparations were being made. "ah, thats them.. blue lock."

"oh, they're all here!" bachira says, putting a hand on his head, as isagi stares forward.. seemingly, his thoughts run wild, as they lined up, makoto directly behind rin, sae was infront of the u-20 team. makoto looked down at the ground, rearranging his thought order.. '..just follow up with the training, centering yourself around rin, and isagi. that, will lead us to victory, everyone else who tries to interfere is—'