#0.5- Loreiley of Svenja

Aideen's body froze upon hearing the unbelievable words. Loreiley looked at her, completely bewildered by the news. However, the fiery eyes full of hate of the courtisans pierced her like thousands of needles through her flesh. She looked at her parents, seeking comfort, but all that greeted her was the cold, empty gaze of her father. There were absolutely no emotions behind his glassy blue eyes. It wasn't her father that she was facing; it was the king, and she was nothing more than a mere subject.

"Lock her in the dungeon," commanded the king.

The Queen collapsed on her throne as Aideen fell to her knees. With her face against the floor, she cried and shivered.

"Father! Father, please! This is a mistake! I didn't! I'd never!"

The King stood frozen, allowing his knights to grab her roughly.

"Father! Sister! Please! Believe me!"

Loreiley stood motionless on her throne, completely dazed, while the King remained as still as marble, showing no signs of emotion.

🦢🦢🦢

"It feels so cold," whispered the Princess, looking at her reddened fingers.

Her breath created a fog that slowly dissolved in the freezing air. Half-lying on the straw floor, she stayed motionless, caught in a distant daze.

She didn't even notice the two shadows approaching her.

"Are you sure, Your Highness?" asked a low, rough voice.

"Do not worry, I will remain unharmed," responded Loreiley, "So please, let me talk to her alone."

The soldier was conflicted between obeying the Princess or following his duty. But a glance at her face swayed him with her imploring eyes and trembling lips.

"Do not hesitate to shout if you need help."

She nodded vigorously, and her gaze didn't leave his back until he was too far to be seen.

"Loreiley?" asked Aideen weakly.

Her sister lowered herself to match her height.

"The courtisans are convinced you killed our brother," she announced, brushing the white cheek of the destitute Princess.

Anyone who witnessed this scene wouldn't have guessed that both of them shared the same blood.

The older sister, with her sun-kissed skin, full red lips, and long wavy brown hair covering her shoulders, contrasted with the porcelain-like figure of Aideen.

"They pretend that you planned to take his position as the heir to the crown. That you are a disciple of the Dark Mage."

"B-But y-you know th-that's not the t-truth!" stuttered the culprit between her tears.

A warm compassion lit her brown eyes as she tenderly stroked the soft peach skin of her sister.

"I believe you, Aideen. I believe you."

The young Princess' heart was lighter upon hearing the words she had dreamt being pronounced. Loreiley continued to gently touch her face.

Before she had the chance to utter a sound, a firm pain forbade her to breathe. Loreiley's fingers were firmly tightened around her slender neck.

"Because I was the one who killed him. You stupid bitch!"

"Hugh-hugh."

A sadistic smile stretched on her beautiful lips.

"Your brother was completely clueless! He opened his arms ready to hug me! You should have seen the look on his face when he received the first stab."

"Lor-hugh!"