#13- Vidarr of Nefeli (second part)

⚠️TW: Panic attack

I hold my cheek my mind blank. I don't know what to say. Behind him, Vidarr is running towards us his cheek swollen and red.

"Lord Eiran! It wasn't Raven's fault!"

"SHUT UP!"

Lord Eiran looks at me for a few seconds before his shoulders drop.

"I am absent for a day and you already manage to get yourself in trouble!" he yells at me. "Goddamnit! It will serve me as a lesson to trust a group of teenagers!"

He turns back at Vidarr, "I thought that you were better than this."

His student lower his eyes an innumerable amount of guilt filling his eyes.

"Both of you! You are forbidden to train for a week! You will spend your days doing chores and serving as guards at the Southern gates!"

He turns back to the crowd that had gathered around us, "All of you fuck off! It isn't a show!"

Even the knights take a step back in front of his aggressive tone and bulging eyes.

"Let's get away now that his anger is loosening a bit," says Vidarr grabbing my wrist.

'His anger is loosening?'

He drags me into the heart of the gardens. Before he suddenly stops and sits on the ground.

"I wasn't the one who drugged your drink, but I had my suspicions," he confesses. "But I still didn't do anything."

I take that as an invitation to sit down next to him.

"When Lord Eiran came back and discovered that you were gone, he became enraged," he continues. "He even hit me."

I put my hand on mine feeling the burning heat underneath my palm, my jaw clenches in anger.

He points out his red cheek, "Please don't hate him too much."

"I hope that it is a joke!" I protest. "He is completely crazy!"

"T-That's because...oh you know what I am going to tell why."

He closes his eyes and asks, "Did you know that the King was assassinated by mercenaries hired by Svenja?"

"Really?"

To be truthful it makes sense, no troupes of soldiers from Svenja would pass the border without being caught.

"They were ten soldiers escorting the King. It was supposed to be just a small tour of the nearby lands of wheat. But out of the ten soldiers, nine of them died. My brother was there," his voice breaks down.

I feel my heart dropping off my chest. Why does anyone have to lose their loved ones this way?

"The remaining knight managed to escape to seek help, but she died shortly after reaching the Palace. Her name was Elysia of Aldraril and she was the wife of Lord Eiran."

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Wait calm down, Raven!"

"You don't get to tell me to calm down!" I yell at him. "He thought I was going to kill the second Prince!"