Epilogue...end season one

"Are you ready?"

I swallow the end of my glass and put it violently against my desk. The burning sensation of the liquor tingling my tongue. But even with that, I am not sure if I am going to make it till the end of the ceremony.

"I think so," I whisper rising from my seat.

The white dress flows down my leg brushing the floor.

"It suits you," smiles Enhya.

She is right a corset-style bodice envelops my chest covered with a thin layer of mousseline that falls into the folds of the fluid silk skirt.

I smile weakly, I thought that she would be mad after I took the decision to become Vidarr's Ivelle. My stomach tightens.

"What if the ceremony fails? We will be the laughingstock of the Sienna Palace and the High Society," I mumble smoothing my dress.

I feel her hand twisting the locks of my hair her hand glistening with rose water.

"You will not fail. You two are definitely Ivelles."

I say nothing trying to stop the urge to bite my nail.

"You two will become the most powerful Ivelles of Esmeray," she continues putting her hands gently on my shoulders.

'That is why I want to become one.'

What are the chances that Ivelles stay in the Palace if a war breaks?

"Let's go the carriage is waiting. Vidarr is already at the Palace."

I nod and she takes my arm to lead me to the entrance. But the hall is crowded with the entire body of students. They are separated into two groups leaving a straight path open for us to walk without any discomfort. Their eyes are fixing me. But with a different glow.

"Arlette and I told them what you did," she whispers without hiding her smile.

When we pass next to them I recognize their look.

Gratefulness.

I feel my heart tingling when I realize that even if we fail, it won't matter. They accepted me.

'Well I have to be a stab in the chest for it to happen,' I think bittersweetly.

But I have to accept it. I already have too many grudges in me to bother with others.

Like Enhya said to me, a carriage is waiting for me. I hesitate before taking another step. It is the first time I have taken the carriage since my rebirth.

The golden leaves paint the metal and the walls giving it the impression that the golden hour light is reflecting on it.

I enter it without any help. I am not a noble lady anymore. Behind the glass, I can see the students and Enhya peeking at me. Arlette gaze crosses mine and she flashes a smile before the carriage starts.

"It's more uncomfortable than I remember."

⚔️⚔️⚔️

"We arrived Lady Mhyrr," announces the coachman.

The door opens revealing a young man. He raises his clear brown eyes and I can read the same shock as I.

"What happened to you?" I ask observing his appearance.

He is dressed in a beautiful white military suit adorned with intricate golden buttons, each one delicately engraved with swords. The uniform is perfectly tailored following the shape of his developed back, while golden epaulets add an elegant touch. Embroidered golden trim traces the edges, reflecting the light of the bright sun giving him an aura of power.

His gloved hands play with the collar of his suit urging the envy to pass his them in his carefully slicked back hair.

"I could say the same thing about you," he replies.

"I honestly thought it wouldn't be so extravagant, I agree pulling the hem of the skirt. I mean look at the shape of my dress, it screams bridal style," I laugh awkwardly. "It feels like I am going to marry and not become a knight."

I immediately regret what I said as Vidarr coughs his cheek turning into a warm shade of red.

He extends his hand. After a short moment, longer than a second, I put my hand into his. His fingers lock into mine. He is as nervous as I am.

"Are you ready," asks Vidarr.

His words blend into the ones of his cousin. My gaze shifts to the entrance of the temple. Behind those doors, the Queen, Lord Eiran, and the knights are waiting for us. When we will walk the path leading to the sacred altar there will be no turning back.

"I am."

I smile at him and he responds mine his eyes glistening with excitement.

"Let's go then, Raven."

'Soon, I will be more powerful," I promise myself. 'To avenge Sorin and myself.'

I look at the sky.

'To protect my family and my friends.'

I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Vidarr's soft grip leads me through the door. To another chapter of my life.

To be continued...