Chapter 3

"Nice outfit flasher."

I groan.

"You said I didn't have to get changed until after we'd set up."

"You don't. I was just complimenting your outfit. Is there something wrong with that?" he asks cheekily.

"Yes."

He just smiles and opens the passenger door for me.

"Wait who's providing the alcohol tonight?" I ask, curious as to whether his dad knows.

"Me."

He must've seen the perplexed look on my face because he laughs and says, "Don't worry I've got a fake ID dummy. That's why I can actually throw this party in the first place."

"What if underages are caught there?" I ask, not thinking about the repercussions if cops were called before.

"Well if they're smart, they'll have a fake ID too. But you don't have one do you?" he asks knowingly.

"No. So I'm screwed."

"Actually you're not. I have some spare ones at dad's so you can borrow one. Mate owes me a favour I'll get him to put your name on it. Keep it in your bra or something so you don't lose it."

"Sure. Cooper?"

"Yeah?" he answers, looking at me briefly before turning his eyes back to the road.

"Thankyou. You didn't have to do any of this. Why are you?" I ask him again, hoping to get a better answer this time.

"I already told you. I miss you."

For once I can't hear the sarcasm in his voice and maybe think that he could be telling the truth but then again. He's Cooper freaking Grey. The college player. No way.

"Like I buy that. Is there something you want?" I ask, trying to figure it out.

"Something I want? Are you serious? All I want from you, is a good time."

Awkward pause....

"Wait no! I didn't mean that!" he yells but I'm already laughing, "Shit I screwed that up. I meant have fun with you as a friend like we used to. Better?"

I nod, still giggling a little.

"You know what? You're on dish duty tomorrow morning."

"Your party. I volunteered to help set up but you can forget about dishes. Besides, I have to leave for work tomorrow morning."

"That might not work out..." he says quietly.

"What was that? Did you say it won't work? Because I think it will. I have an alarm on my phone, I will set it and I'll get up and you will drive me to work."

"What? I'm not getting up to drive you to work!" he protests as we turn onto Ledge Hill road.

"Yeah you are. You're the one who insisted I stay the night so you're the one who gets to drive me to work at half past seven in the morning."

"I hate you."

"You know you love me," I say and wink at him. I don't know quite where I'm getting all this confidence from. I've never really spoken so freely to him before, only around my friends. But whatever. I'm kind of over life right now and I'm just trying to yolo it. Sounds like I'm a stupid twelvie but it's true. You need to just live life.

Man I need to stop, I sound like one of those weird people that give you odd bits of advice randomly. A hippie or some shit.

"So who's helping set up?" I ask as we turn off Ledge Hill road and onto Marri drive, pulling into number 167. His address. We get out the car and Cole, Jacob and Rob come striding out of the house, embracing Cooper and slapping him on the back.