immortality is a curse

Empires AU Where Joel hasn't got the immortality yet and has to fight in a war along with everyone else.

Lizzie, the 10ft tall goddess aka the queen of the ocean.

She is immortal.

To be fair, she is already 500 years of age. But looking at her, noone would ever be able to tell her age.

That's because of her voice and beauty, both never aged. She just grew more beautiful every year, her skin glowing like it ever had.

Lizzie is loyal To that point that she would kill anyone for the ones she loved.

And it was time for a war.

Lizzie had successfully defeated the opponent's team and was taking rest now.

She had lost quite a number of her axolotl army members.

And Scott and Joel suggested that she needed to stop pushing herself too hard and leave it to them for the next attack.

So she was convinced.

Afterall it was her husband we're talking about, the brave, strong and independent out of many. Joel.

And Scott was powerful in his own way, in his icicle snow abilities...

Both having the top ability to fight in PvP or multiple ones.

Nothing could go wrong right?

***

Lizzie went to have a small talk with Joel to his empire, to see wether all preparations were finished or not.

"Oh King Joel!!!" The girl with pink hair skipped around his huge hallways, calling out to him.

According to his servants and workers, Joel was in his map room, probably planning out some stuff.

"Oh lizzie! What has brought you here my wife? Shouldn't you be resting?" he asked with greeting his wife, with a warm hug.

"Yes I know but I wanted to see my husband, could I not?" lizzie pouted, hands crossed.

Joel let out a hearty laugh while putting a token of opponent team on the map.

He seemed to be planning their attack.

"Aww Cmon joel leave this all for a minute and pay attention to your wife" lizzie said, taking another token from joel's hand.

Lizzie was being unusually clingy today. It was the another way around most of the times.

But joel didn't mind at all.

"Someone's clingy today" he commented.

"Whatever" lizzie smiled, rolling her eyes.

***

Joel and Lizzie were now sitting in joel's royal garden which was so beautiful.

Lizzie was feeling something weird.
The mazelian king sensed that and asked, "what happened babe? Everything alright?"

"I just feel something's about to go very wrong. I feel very anxious. Is it necessary to go in for the war for you? I don't feel safe" Lizzie said, sharing her concerns.

"Hey I don't know why you're feeling like that, but I need to go for the war okay? I can't let Scott and Jimmy alone fight them, it's way more dangerous than imagined without me" Joel said sternly, yet with a soft voice.

"I know but just.... Ugh I don't want to let anything happen to you" Lizzie covered her face with her hands and leaned on joel's chest as he protectively wrapped his hands around her.