Chapter 16

I slowly wake up. I'm laying on the cold ground. It's concrete. My hands tied behind my back. I press my arm to the ground and sit up. I sit on my knees and get a better look at this place. It's a warehouse. It's cold here. I see a shadow figure. Fear sets in then follows panic, like my mind knows who this person is. The shadow starts running towards me. I scream.

~

I jolted awake from the nightmare. I was covered in a cold sweat. I look and see Asher in my bed. I grab my phone and check the time. It's four am in the morning. I quietly slide out of bed. I walk to the bathroom and grab a towel. I walk to the closet. I dry off the sweat from my face. I grabbed a sports bra and its matching leggings. I slip on my shoes and walk out of the closet. I look at the sleeping Asher before leaving the room. I walk down the hall to the training grounds I set up when I first came to this place. I built a building just outside the garden. I walk outside to the gardens. Once I step outside, the cold morning breeze hits my exposed skin. It feels nice. I walk down the steps and walk the stone path to the building. I stop in front of the doors and push them open. I prop the doors open to allow the cool air into the room. I hang a punching bag on its hook. I wrap my hands. All the emotions that I kept bottled up, starting coming out with each punch I threw. I tried to wrap around everything I was told. Father was using mother for her money, this big crime boss is after Ryan, both Asher and Cole have feelings for me, Lexi is an undercover agent and I have to take this boss down before I could ever return home. All my life I've been used but I'm done being used by everyone. I was brought out of my thoughts when I saw the punching bag on the ground. It leaked out the sand from a fist sized hole. I groan. I drag the bag to the trash, sweep up the mess and hang a new bag. I sense someone is watching me. I turn towards the doors and I see Cole standing in the doorway.

"Can't sleep?" he said, walking into the room.

"Something like that. What are you doing?" I ask, throwing punches at the bag.

"Just came to watch the show. You are really good. I saw what you did with the last bag," he said.

"That's all my anger built up. With everything that's been going on, I needed to let it out without hurting someone. I have this eerie feeling that something bad is going to happen. I want to be ready for it." I said.

"That's understandable. You have been through a lot. Then how about you take a break from the bag before you puncture another one and spar with me?" he asked, grabbing the bag.

"Sure, it could be fun." I said, by then we had a small audience. Asher and Lexi showed up.

"How did you know that I was here Lexi?" I ask

"When you can't sleep or have a nightmare, this is the place you come to. Even back at your mother's place, you would go to the training grounds." Lexi responded.

"Okay, fair." I said. I turn back to Cole.

"You ready?" he asks. I nod. He lunges at me and quickly dodges, when he is open I stroke him down. He gets to his feet.

"Nice, you are pretty quick on your feet." he's enjoying this.

"Well, you are the one who taught me that move." I smirk. I lunged at him, he dodged it then tried to attack me but I was quicker and swung my leg at his ankles knocking him down. He gets up. He throws a punch but I block it and I punch him in the stomach.

"Truce." he breathed out. Lexi and Asher cheer for me. I giggle and hold my hand out for Cole. He takes it and gets up.

"You are incredibly fast. That will be useful to use." Cole said.

"Thanks." I said

"Since you know the basics, I will show you some more moves that will be useful as well." Cole said. I nodded. We spent all morning sparring and training.

"Now you have to defend yourself and how to fight. We can move to weapons," he said.

"Actually, she doesn't need help with that." Asher said.

"Why?" Cole questioned.

"She is already a good shot," he said. Then Cole looks at me.

"What? He's not wrong. When I got kidnapped, I shot those guys in the head. I didn't even have to look." I said.

"Alright. Well then you have nothing left to learn." Cole said.

"Guess it's my turn." Lexi jumps up and walks over to me.

"We will need to get you weapons that you can keep on you, and keep them hidden," she said.

"I have a knife I keep on my ankle. I bought long socks just to cover them." I said

"Good, that will come in handy. You will need more." Lexi said

"I can't have too many in case they search me." I said

"Good point. We will pick out the small but useful ones. You will at least need a small gun." She grabs my hand and we walk out of the building.

"Btw, you stink." She said

"Thanks, at least I count on your brutal honesty." I roll my eyes.

"Want to take a shower before I show you my stash," she asks.

"Yes please." Still hand in hand we walk to my room. She starts the shower for me. Then grab some clothes for me.

"Dude, stop. You are not my maid anymore. I can do that." I said

"It's fine. I actually like doing it. Besides, it's my cover, remember?" she said

"Okay" I said.

"So I have a question." I said. I am kind of dreading this.

"Sure."

"Have you been pretending to care about me all this time?" I ask

"I had a feeling you were going to ask. When I first met you, yes, I thought you were a spoiled rich kid but then as I got to know you, you were this sweet and gentle teenager. I never expected to love you wholeheartedly. I noticed you were quite the troublemaker," she said, shoving me into the shower.

"I'm sorry." I said

"For what?"

"I probably made your life hard. My mother was always disappointed in me and I don't know why." I said, stepping out of the shower. There was a knock on the door. Lexi walks to open it and it was Charles. He handed Lexi a message. The color from her face faded. I walk over to her. I read the note.

"My mother is arriving shortly." My heart stopped. Lexi pushes me into the closet. I wrap the corset around me and she tights it. She attaches the hoop skirt. She helps me slide into the skirt. It's a beautiful red color, with black patterns on it. I put my arms through the sleeves of the top. The sleeves reach my elbow then there is black mesh fabric attached to the back of the sleeves. The top is a lighter red color with black stitching. I clip in my wig and do my makeup. I slip into red heels. I gently fold my hands in front of me and start walking out of the room. Lexi is her attire as well. I hear Cole and Asher talking in the foyer. They turn their heads as I approach the staircase. They are both in awe. I lift my skirt a little bit to walk down the stairs. They both hold their hands out. I place my hands on them as they help me off the last step.

"What's the occasion?" Cole asked.

"My mother will be walking through those doors any minute." I said. I let go of their hands and gently fold them in the middle where the top and skirt meet.

"I never thought I would see you dressed like this again." Asher said.

"Yes, well once my business is finished here, I will return back to France." I said

"Wait, what?" he said, as the door opened. My mother walks in. I walk up and curtsy in front of her.

"Hello, Mother." I spoke.