CHAPTER 12--- ConflicteD---

I dedicate this Chapter to Msmwt540 and @PariGul2 for their endless support towards me and my stories.

Thank you so much dears ❤️❤️
Enjoy the Update.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12--- Conflicted.

Wei Wuxian was drying his hair after his bath when the phone rang. 'About time!' he thought. 'It's been an entire week, why the hell hasn't he called?' he mumbled in anger.

'You better have a good explanation for this, Wangji ,' he said sternly as he answered.

Wangji snorted. 'What, I don't even get a Hello?'

'You deserve a kick ,' he snapped. 'Why the hell haven't you called?'

'You didn't call either, sweetheart,' he rejoined. 'And you yell at me?'

'This is your fault,' Wuxian fumed at him. 'You were the one who started it!'

'Calm down,' he said. 'I'm sorry, I just got so busy, what with this survey, and the seminar---'

'What?' Wei asked.

'Oh, I haven't told you yet, ' he said. 'I have a seminar in Korea, and I need to prepare my speech, and I also have to stay there for like three months since I need to do a survey---'

'Hang on,' Wuxian interrupted, his tone unable to mask the excitement. 'You're coming here? When?'

'Maybe next week,' he said casually. 'The problem is, I'm not being able to find a good place to stay temporarily. If you know someone, could you please---'

'Don't be silly!' Wei told him, slightly reprimanding. 'I'm here, aren't I? You could stay with me!'

'But your family-' Wangji began.

'Nonsense,' Wuxian said briskly. 'It's my apartment, I do what I want, okay?'

'And you live alone?' Wangji pressed innocently , although he knew about it.

'Yes,' he said, with a twinge of irritation. 'So what?'

'It's not safe, Wei ,' he said. 'I mean- come on, it's unsafe, you're a single person---So many things happen...not to mention burglaries and murders..'

'Wangji ?' he interrupted in an oversweet tone. 'Shut up. My sister's family is across the corridor, and I am perfectly safe. I know martial arts. If you don't want to live with me---'

'I didn't say that,' Wangji added, quickly. 'So, um- I'll see you soon?'

'Yeah,' Wuxian said, smiling. 'Happy journey, Wangji.'

'And Wei-- thanks,' he said gratefully. 'You're a huge help.'

'No problem,' he replied. 'I've got to go to the office now, though. Call me later, yeah?'

'Okay,' Wangji agreed, breathing a sigh of relief as he cut the call.

He had been risking everything on Wuxian's inviting him to stay, because he knew that he needed to be close to Wei in order to cure him. He needed to find out everything, every detail, that only Wei could tell him.