2. Keefe's POV

She had no reason to worry. Elysian caught the dagger with her telekinesis. "You are mistaken, Gisela."

Gisela gaped at Elysian's apparent knowledge of her name.

"Oh yes," she said, smirking. "I'm well aware of who everyone here is." She pointed at each of them in turn. "Gisela, Fitz, Marella, Maruca, and of course, the lovely Lady Foster, standing next to my greatest creation, Keefe Sencen. If I'm not mistaken, Vespera was killed just moments ago, at Gisela's hand, no less? And you children opted to leave the rest of your team off of this mission, did you not? Biana, Dex, Tam, Linh, and even Stina. A shame they couldn't come. I would have loved to see them again." She gazed at the horizon wistfully. "Oh well, in due time."

"What are you talking about?" Keefe said at the same time Sophie asked, albeit shakily, "Did you say Keefe was your greatest creation?"

Keefe went first. "How do you know all of our names? And what do you mean, again? We've never met you before."

"I believe Sophie would strongly disagree with that statement, but that's neither here nor there. I have been watching you, all of you, for years. It's no matter to me. Time flies when you're on a mission."

"And what mission would that be, huh? World domination?" Keefe asked mockingly.

"Actually, Mr. Sencen, that's exactly correct. I intend to take over the world."

"Oh, stop kidding yourself." Keefe spat. "You couldn't take over the world. I couldn't, and believe me, I've tried." Keefe winked at Sophie, who was standing beside him, extremely pale. She looked like she'd just seen a ghost. Keefe didn't have to be an Empath to know that something was wrong between Elysian and Sophie. "What's wrong, Sophie?" He asked her. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Sophie started at that, then turned and looked at Keefe, something indescribable in her eyes. Was it sadness? Anger? Regret?

"Sophie?" Keefe said again. "Seriously, you're scaring me. What's happening?"

Instead of answering him, Sophie turned back to Elysian. She looked like she might break down sobbing any second. She inhaled deeply.

"Mom?"

Another crazy plot twist/cliffhanger! I just love those (slightly evil author alert) Anyways, is this a good storyline? I like it, but I don't know about anyone else, cause I don't know many people that have actually read the whole KOTLC series. Anyways, enough rambling from me, read on!