29. Sophie's POV

It took Sophie and her friends a little bit to explain everything that had happened. While Ramira had been talking to Sophie's group, Linh and Stina had coaxed the alicorns to an open enclosure for their safety, and after everything, they took both Ramira and Ruy into custody. Trix wasn't taken, having helped them save the alicorns and needing to speak with Rayni.

It had, however, taken until almost noon that day to round up all of the animals. Thankfully, there were no casualties, except a few scratches on a few of the smaller animals; most of which were in no small part thanks to Verdi.

After everything, Sophie trudged to her room and flopped into bed.

Edaline walked in right as Sophie closed her eyes, and then whispered, "Sorry," as she started to back out of the room.

But Sophie stopped her by saying, "It's fine. Come on in."

Edaline walked over to the bed and sat down. "I just wanted to check that you're okay. Today was a lot."

"I know." Sophie replied. "But I'm fine. Besides, Keefe checked on me."

Edaline gasped. "That's right! I want all the dirt when you wake up."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it. Do you mind if I sleep now?" Sophie asked. She didn't want to kick Edaline out, but she was tired.

"Good night, Sophie. Or, I guess, good afternoon." Edaline laughed at her own joke.

"Night, Mom. Love you."

"Love you too, Soybean."

And although she was too tired to vocally acknowledge it, Edaline's use of Sophie's old nickname gave Sophie both feelings of nostalgia and righteousness. She beamed, and Edaline returned the smile as she closed the door.

Sophie's last thoughts as she closed her eyes were not of her old family, but of her new one.

The next few days were hectic. Everyone was running around trying to find new information about anything relating to the Neverseen, Councilor Ramira, and Lady Gisela.

On top of that, they were preparing themselves for the first double-Councilor election. With both Liora and Ramira outed as being allied to Lady Gisela and the Neverseen, and therefore no longer Councilors, there were two spots open. This event would be the first of its kind.

With everything that had to be done, Sophie was exhausted. She hadn't had a single waking moment not spent on research, or planning, or brainstorming, and on top of that, she'd started having nightmares again. Sophie wasn't sure how much more she could take.

So, being the amazing boyfriend that he was, Keefe hailed Sophie almost a week after the sleepover fiasco to ask her on a date.

A real date.

Sophie almost said no, because they still had so much to do.

But a night alone with Keefe, where she could just talk and laugh and have fun, sounded amazing. So, that night, Keefe met Sophie outside of Havenfield, wearing a tux and holding a corsage.

Sophie couldn't believe it. She had worn a beautiful ice blue dress that Biana had helped her pick out earlier that day, with matching ice blue gloves and a small amount of makeup, at Biana's insistence, with her hair up in an intricate bun. Keefe was wearing a light brown tuxedo with gold specks covering it, and the corsage was a beautiful golden flower that Sophie didn't recognize.

                                                      Sophie's Outfit