Chapter 19: The War

The Telmarines started firing their catapults at us and I have been successfully using my powers to make sure the boulders don't hit us. But guess what? Who knew that using my powers can be so tiring. I was getting slower and slower in stopping the boulders whole the Telmarines were getting faster and faster in shooting. I was able to destroy one of their catapults but was too weak to do it again. I paused for a second to catch my breath when a boulder hit exactly where we were standing. The ground became unstable.

Susan: Brace yourselves!

As soon as she said this the ground we were both standing on fell. I fell first and Susan caught my hand while Trumpkin caught Susan's hand. I could feel myself slipping from Susan's grip.

Susan: Hold on, Emily!

When she said this, my hand slipped off Susan's hand and I felt myself falling. I waited for me feel the impact of the ground but I felt something else. I felt something under my legs and my back. When I opened my eyes, I found myself staring at those dark hazel eyes of the one and only Edmund Pevensie.

Edmund: You like falling, don't you?

Me: As long as you're there to catch me.

We stated like this for a few seconds when I remembered Susan.

Me: Oh my gosh! Susan!

I jumped off Edmund's arms and looked up and saw that Susan safely landed on the top of the entrance and was now heading down. I ran towards her.

Me: Susan!

Susan: Emily! Thank goodness you're all right. How did you...?

Me: Edmund Got me.

She looked at me with a smirk on her face and I playfully hit her on the arm.

Me: C'mon, we have a war to win.

Caspian, the Pevensies and I ran toward the Telmarines. Everyone used their swords and bows and arrows while I had nature itself as a weapon. I would send Telmarines one after the other flying off the ground using the air. I would also cause the earth to shake to cause them to get our of balance. Everything was going fine until the Telmarines started coming faster and faster. I created a wall out of rocks but their catapults easily knocked it down. I made a wall of fire but somehow they were able to put it out as well. It continued to blow off Telmarines but I was getting more and more tired. I was too tired that I didn't see a soldier aiming a crossbow at me until it was too late. An arrow hit me on my arm which caused me to fall on the ground. I screamed in pain and I heard Edmund scream my name. I saw him kill the Telmarine that shot me before going to me.

Edmund: Hey, hey, hey, I got you.

He helped me get up and removed the arrow from my arm. He ripped a part of my dress to wrap it around the wound to stop it from bleeding. We both got up from the ground and we heard Peter shouting 'Retreat'.

Peter: Back to the How!

Everyone started running back but a boulder hit the How causing rocks to fall. I used  my powers to stop the rocks from falling for their  were Narnians under it. My arm was too painful and I was too weak that I failed to save those Narnians. How are we supposed to win this now? There's just too much of them and they have catapults that can easily crush us. Everything seemed to go down hill until we saw the trees start to move. Everyone was surprised and amazed and  hope returned to everyone's faces.

Peter: Lucy.

I was confused at first until I realized that Lucy must've found Aslan. The Telmarines started to retreat towards the river but that didn't stop us from charging after them. When we reached the river, we saw that none of the Telmarines were running. Then we saw Lucy in the other side of the bridge holding out her dagger. After that, from her side, a lion showed up. Aslan. The Telmarines started to charge again until Aslan roared. Everyone stopped and then we saw the water getting shallower. Then from one side of the river, we saw a huge wave coming. All the Telmarines ran back and some jumped off the bridge. The wave turned into a man and destroyed the bridge and seemed to have 'devoured' the man leading the Telmarines. After that the Telmarines dropped their swords as a sign of surrender.

Me: We won!

I jumped and hugged Edmund and completely regretted it because my arm started aching again.

Edmund: Let's go to the other side. Lucy or Aslan might be able to fix you.

I nodded. The war is finally over.