~MY SOULMATE~

Priya

After we had an 'embarrassing moment', according to Siddhi, in the train, I told her why I was so excited. "I realised what went wrong in the experiment", I exclaimed. I felt as if Siddhi was not paying attention to me, but rather seeing elsewhere, probably at the beautiful woman who just passed by just now. Anyways I am more important haha, so I elbowed her to bring her attention back to me. It was confirmed that she was not paying attention to me. I was annoyed and thought of a plan. I smirked at my smartness and slowly started working towards my plot, but Siddhi had turned towards me now. Damn it, just when I was about to have fun.

"What were you saying?"
"I realised what went wrong in our experiment"
"what?"
"We forgot to refrigerate the sample, and kept it at room temperature instead", I said and hit my head at our stupidity.

Siddhi could not believe we had committed such a mistake. We both kept staring at each other, to give her some time to process the blunder we had committed. This is what we were. We made mistakes and learnt from them. In our efforts trying to be perfect and not miss out on details, we always had something we did not know about. The old me would have felt guilty and ashamed of not knowing things. I sometimes wish I had known earlier that it is okay to not know. It is okay to not be perfect. Just putting in genuine efforts to fill the gap between knowing and not knowing is what we had to do. That is exactly why I chose this field. I still remember having this conversation with Siddhi, and I just could not believe that I had found someone who shared the same mindset as I did. My soulmate. I only have one word to say about Siddhi. Thankful.

My train of thoughts was interrupted by the metro train, when it stopped in the station we had to get down at. We deboarded and left for our college hoping for a good day, also hoping to meet him. Hope. Or maybe praying to meet him.