Chapter 6 - Anntonia's POV

It was a Monday morning, and the traffic was already heavy. I got ready early to head to the office, not wanting to get caught in the traffic. I saw Michelle sitting in the living room, sipping her coffee.

"Good morning," She greeted me.

"Good morning,," I replied

"Are you heading out? Aren't you going to have breakfast?" she asked me.

"Yes, I'll just eat at the office," I replied.

"Okay. Oh, Ann, I wanted to let you know that I'll be going to Ruru's bar opening tonight," she said, rubbing her neck.

"Okay," I responded.

"Do you want to come?" she asked again.

"No, I might get home late," I told her.

She just nodded. I said my goodbyes before stepping out of the house and heading to my car.

As I made my way to the office, the Monday morning rush was in full swing. The streets were filled with cars, and the air was buzzing with the sounds of honking horns and the chatter of people rushing to their destinations.

I arrived at the office, greeted by the familiar hustle and bustle of the workplace.

As I entered my office, I was greeted by a pile of papers stacked on my desk. They were proposals that needed to be reviewed. I sighed and took a seat in the swivel chair behind my desk.

A few minutes passed before I opened my laptop and started working. Just as I was about to dive into my work, there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see Jennie, my trusted secretary and friend, entering the room with a warm smile.

"Good morning," she greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning, Jen," I greeted her back with a smile.

"You're early today," she remarked.

"It's Monday, and I wanted to avoid the traffic on the way to the office," I replied.

"I see. Have you had breakfast yet?" she asked.

"Not yet," I replied, my attention focused on my laptop.

"What would you like for breakfast?" she inquired.

"Just coffee and an egg sandwich will do," I answered.

"Alright, I will order it for you," she said.

"Thank you, Jen," I said, glancing at her and smiling.

I appreciated Jennie's thoughtfulness and her ability to balance her role as my secretary and our friendship. Her presence in the office always brought a sense of warmth and camaraderie.

As I continued working in my office, I suddenly heard voices outside. The door opened, and Chatnalin, Charlotte, and Jennie entered with smiles on their faces.

"Hello, bestie," Nalin greeted me with a smile.

"Hello, Tonyang," Charlotte greeted me as well.

I greeted them back, happy to see their familiar faces. They took a seat on the couch while Jennie placed my breakfast on the table.

"Why are you so noisy in this early in the morning? Shouldn't you be working? Do you want me to fire you all?" I jokingly said to them.

"Seriously? We just wanted to check on you," Charlotte playfully replied.

"I'm fine. Now you can go back to work," I said, smiling along with them.

"You're overreacting. Common, what is the latest news?" Chatnalin replied while looking at me