Chapter 8 - Night at the Party

Michelle arrived home early from work. She wanted to rest first since Ruru's party wasn't until 8pm. As soon as she entered the house, she headed straight to her room, changed her clothes, and lay down on the bed to take a rest. After a few minutes, she fell asleep.

It was already 7pm when Anntonia arrived home. She saw Michelle's car parked in the garage. After parking her own car, she quickly got out and entered the house. She went upstairs to her room but paused in front of her own door, listening for any movement from the other room. Not hearing anything, she entered put her things on the sofa and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

After showering and getting dressed, she went downstairs to the kitchen. She decided to just make a glass of milk since she had already eaten dinner with Jennie before leaving the office. After preparing a glass of milk, she sat down in the living room. While sipping her milk, thoughts of what Charlotte had said about many women chasing after Michelle crossed her mind. She also remembered what Sam had mentioned about the potential attention Michelle might receive at the bar. It made her feel uneasy. Michelle was going to the party, and she was sure that she would be surrounded by women and might even flirt with her. She shook her head to dismiss those thoughts.

Michelle came out of her room and went downstairs, intending to leave. She saw Anntonia sitting in the living room.

"Are you just going to have milk tonight? Aren't you going to have dinner?" Michelle asked Anntonia.

Anntonia was surprised to hear someone speak. She hadn't realized that Michelle was already in front of her.

"I already had dinner at the office before coming home," she replied. Michelle nodded her head.

Anntonia observed Michelle, who looked beautifully handsome in her outfit. She amazed her how someone could be both beautiful and handsome at the same time, like Michelle. Anntonia wondered to herself about the many women who were supposedly chasing after Michelle.

"Are you leaving? Anntonia asked

"Yeah, you're sure you really don't want to come?" Michelle said.

"If I go, you might end up being late," Anntonia replied.

"It's okay, it'll only take a minute if I'm late. Come on, get dressed. I'll wait for you, and Rhian will be looking for you there," Michelle said with a smile.

"Okay, I'll get dressed then," Anntonia said, quickly walking and heading upstairs. Michelle chuckled as she watched Anntonia go upstairs.

Meanwhile, Anntonia laughed to herself while getting dressed. Because of the thoughts she had earlier, she decided to go with Michelle. "Well, there's nothing wrong with coming along. She just wanted to find out if what they said about women chasing after Michelle was true." She said to herself, rolling her eyes at the silly excuses she had come up with. What the stupid excuses, Anntonia thought.

Michelle glanced at the woman descending the stairs. She was mesmerized by Anntonia's beauty. She is a total drop-dead gorgeous woman. Michelle couldn't help but be in awe of her. The woman was wearing a stunning midnight blue evening gown that hugged her figure, accentuating her curves.

"Ahem, are we going?" Anntonia asked while grinning, noticing that Michelle was lost in thought while staring at her

"Ah, yes. Let's go," Michelle replied, her voice slightly shaky as she avoided making eye contact.

Anntonia walked ahead and exited the house, with Michelle following closely behind. Michelle quickened her pace to catch up with Anntonia. When they reached the passenger side, Michelle opened the door for Anntonia, and she thanked her before getting in. Michelle then moved to the driver's seat, started the car's engine, and began to drive.