Chapter 7

There was some hope left when she looked at him for a moment, although disappointment was back in him when he saw her hand offered to him with his earphones on her palm. They probably fell from his pocket as he got up from the floor. With a short bow he thanked her for picking them up, taking them before he made his way outside of the cafeteria he dragged her in.

He had to get used to the idea of hearing Wooyoung's and Mingi's comments once he followed Y/n's advice and told them they broke up. It probably wouldn't be as bad as he imagined.

His friends looked at him concerned as he got closer to them. Both of them looked at each other before their eyes fell back on San.

—What was that? I didn't know you were so territorial —Mingi scoffed—. They were both casually talking and you suddenly went "Pah" —he mimicked the collision with his hands in the air.

—Leave him alone —Wooyoung defended him, looking back to San—. Did something happen? You look like shit right now.

San looked at the both of them, pupils shaking from one of his friends to the other as he got ready to speak.

—Babe! —a voice interrupted in the distance.

Both Wooyoung and Mingi were back at looking over his shoulders, smirking and hitting each other's sides when they saw that girl making a small run to where they were. While San had to contain his big smile as he saw her trotting in his direction, with a nervous smile while she bit her lip.

Y/n was left alone with the decision she had to take when Oliver joined her back in the cafeteria, getting ready to get any explanation that he'd never receive from her. Her attention was stolen by the tall boy crossing the street to go back to wherever he came from, and she couldn't help but feel bad at that sight.

She could only pretend they were dating for a moment that evening, the few minutes that it took her to be introduced to his friends, and probably she wouldn't see any of them again. It was a favor that didn't take her anything, and the date with that man was already ruined. She could tell by the way he was looking at her to get an explanation that not even her would be able to make up after what happened.

As she ran towards them, she kept punching and slapping her inner self for being so weak and giving in to the tiniest favor others' asked her.

She certainly needed to grow bigger determination when she said no -not for others, but for herself.

—I told you to wait for me —she told San when she finally stopped running to walk towards him.

—You did? —his eyebrows momentarily furrowed, hidden from his friends.

—Of course I did —a fake smile brightened her face, while her eyes threw a dagger at him to force him to play along—. You're so clueless sometimes.

The smack on his forearm made him squirm, reacting way too late to defend himself when she had already slapped him over the thin denim jacket he was wearing. Her eyes widened with a promised threat, not only encouraging him to play along, but also reminding him that that smack wasn't only by how distracted her new boyfriend could be.

—You told me you'd introduce me to your friends, and left me alone back there —she rolled her eyes, standing next to San—. I'm Y/n.

—I'm Wooyoung —he moved his healthy hand to his chest.

—And I'm Mingi —the tallest boy introduced himself.

—It's so nice meeting you finally. San kept it all hush hush, we wanted to know more about you.

—Yeah, we thought you were fake and San made it up so we wouldn't set him up with someone. Ah —he complained when Wooyoung was kept from saying something else.