Chapter 27

The alarm rang, filling the silence of his room and getting San to turn on his side to turn it off.

And just as she was used to, San's arms squeezed her tight, while a low groan vibrated through his throat, making Y/n smile and dive herself deeper in his embrace. Her face was snuggled against his forearm, with her cheek crumpling on his skin.

—Can we stay like this five minutes more? —his raspy voice asked, sealing his lips against the curve of her neck.

—Uh-hum —she muttered, too comfortable to move, and too in love with the feeling of his warm body covering her up to move.

Y/n finally rolled on her body, getting to be face to face with him just so San's welcoming arms could pull her closer for a tight hug. Their legs were linked together, intertwining, while they snuggled under the covers. Those cuddles were her favorite thing of the day whenever they both spent the night together -which was most part of the week-, and which also helped her ignore the pulling pain in one of her legs that showed up for a few days. It was weirder for them to sleep in different places than to share their beds with one another.

—I don't wanna go to work today —she complained, rubbing her cheek against the soft fabric of his t-shirt—. Why don't we telework?

—Well, I can't —San reminded her.

—Let me make some calls and you'll be able to.

—That stinks of privilege.

—Being the boss' favorite should have some privileges, right?

With her comments, her head moved up from his embrace, dedicating him a sweet smile before she linked their lips together. His hand was placed on her nape, determined to deepen the kiss and drag her body on top of his, when the sound of one of their phones interrupted them again.

—It's mine —she announced.

As much as they didn't want to, they knew they needed to be out of bed in less than five minutes to go back to being functional people.

While she was lying on her belly on the other side of the bed to check who was calling, San's body covered her back while short kisses were displayed over her exposed shoulder.

—Actually... Can I use my privilege today? —he joked, changing his mind.

—Not today —she sighed—. We have a meeting with Mia about your first week —she reminded him, showing her phone to him to let him see his supervisor's name on her screen.

—Shit, I forgot —he sighed—. I didn't know you were the one doing the follow up though.

—I'm not the one who should do them —she admitted—. But I asked for it, with the excuse that I want to get to know how the onboarding process works.

His eyes completely shut while his lips curved up on a shy smile, which he managed to hide when he hugged her again, smudging his face against her shoulder.

Ever since they started dating, their relationship kept going further, tightening their comfort and trust, making them almost inseparable as time went by. And the fact that his friends also knew about the truth made him feel at ease, truly enjoying every second they all were around each other because there was nothing to hide -and there were no lies they needed to keep up with.

—Oh, look who we have here —Wooyoung teased Y/n when she stepped out of the room, followed by San—. Did the lovebirds sleep well?

—Would've slept better if I hadn't heard you screaming at twelve year olds at one in the morning —she replied immediately after, walking up to the two men sitting in the other extreme of the living room.