Chapter 8

Her smile evidently dropped when she managed to see a familiar face as the blond guy opened his brown eyes wide in surprise. Probably because it was the last place she expected to see her at.

—Oh, wow —Y/n finally reacted, lifting her eyebrows as she smiled.

She purposely omitted to even attempt to call him by his name -mainly because she didn't really remember it. She did remember his face though. Of course she did. He had worked in the company as a freelancer when they needed new ideas for a design, although not directly with her team -or her. When he joined the project, she was still her father's assistant so they didn't speak much. But by the little time they spent together back then, she remembered him as someone really nice to be around. And also that white brilliant and perfect smile.

—The world is such a small place —he nodded.

—Do you guys know each other? —San interrupted, stepping forward.

—Yeah, he worked in my company for a few months —she answered.

—Yep —he nodded again—. It's been a lot of time since that though. I didn't expect you to see you here.

—Imagine if now it turns out you're Mingi's boss —Wooyoung chuckled behind them, walking past them to get to his seat on the couch.

Mingi only rolled his eyes at the comment, knowing Y/n was way too nice to be the big asshole he had as a boss and that he didn't know in person yet after starting in his position months back.

—What do you mean? —Hongjoong asked, following Wooyoung with his eyes.

—She's dating San. And thank god we saw her across the street, because he wasn't going to introduce her to us —Wooyoung answered, side eyeing his friend as he spoke.

—I'm really wondering why now —San replied back.

—She'll also be replacing me today —Wooyoung continued, ignoring his comment.

—Shouldn't you be introducing her to us? —Seonghwa asked, alternating his gaze between San and Wooyoung.

—Hongjoong spoke before we could even do that —Wooyoung replied back.

Y/n sighed, thankful to the brunet's words that finally gave out the name of the person that recognized her.

A moment of silence followed after Wooyoung's answer, having all of the eyes in the room falling over San and his eyes lost on the screen before he was finally aware the attention was on him. She pinched his side, finally getting him to react.

—Introduce me —she whispered, turning her head slowly so the other seven boys wouldn't see her.

San started introducing them by following the order they were sitting, skipping Wooyoung and Mingi with his eyes rolling when both of them complained about the tone he used.

The first person he introduced, and that was sitting next to Mingi, was Yunho. By the way his legs were flexing as he sat, she could tell he probably was around the same height as Mingi. He smiled at her in a friendly way, getting her to smile right after. At his left, and sitting on the floor, there was a guy who smiled at her shyly, bowing slightly as San introduced him as Yeosang.

On the other couch, Hongjoong gave her a squared smile when San introduced him again, to go ahead with the boy with longer hair sitting next to him. Seonghwa waved his hand in the air as his big eyes squinted by the -another- perfect smile she'd be jealous of, whispering a silent "Hi". Looking for some more bickering with Wooyoung, San only referred to him as a "Meh", before he went on to introduce the boy with a bowl cut hairstyle, bowing firmly before he heard San introducing him as the baby of the group.