Chapter 2

San sank on his seat, moving his pen up and down, hitting the desk a few times until the click of a tongue made him sit straight on his seat as he dropped the pen next to his notebook. The move of his finger only changed from his pen to the touchpad of his laptop on the right of his notebook.

It was his fault for opting to extend his studies and start a master degree on Computer Science that he didn't exactly need, but that he ended up doing because he didn't feel ready to jump into the wide world of work. So even if he felt bored there, he saw it as an opportunity to expand his resume, and also as extra time to get used to the real world ahead of him.

He silently sighed, looking around to find nothing before he looked back down at his screen, noticing a blue mark popping up on the lower bar. Wooyoung was reminding him and Mingi about the dinner they had agreed on having. But he knew that reminder was mainly directed at him, since Mingi never missed the chance to go out and meet new people.

Ever since Wooyoung joined a new company as an event planner, he kept meeting lots of new people. Although it seemed that he stuck to a pair of new guys in his office that he always hung around during work time.

San wasn't especially delighted about the idea of meeting them that night. He remembered the hard time he had when Mingi decided to introduce his childhood friend, Yunho, to the group, and how hard it was for him to get used to the new guy until they eventually turned closer. Or how uncomfortable it was at first when Wooyoung introduced a classmate, Yeosang, as well until he was a new member of the group.

Yeah, he certainly wasn't looking forward for that night. At least not at that moment, even if he knew that he'd be happy to have attended, just like the past two times.

Woo: You two better not make up any excuses

Woo: We're living together, so don't force me to take my friends to the dorm.

Mingi: I'm broke this month

Woo: San will pay for your stuff

He knew Wooyoung wasn't talking seriously, but it was a way to drag him into the conversation that he knew he was reading. It still made him move uncomfortably on his seat, trying to think how to answer that.

San: You're the one working and the one inviting us. You should pay for his stuff

He would be just as broke as Mingi if it weren't for Soundleasure, although his friends didn't know that.

When they met they were all just starting their degrees, and San still was in a good place that didn't force him to do much to get money to cover up what he needed. His luck was that his parents had a comfortable position that just allowed him to live like that, until he couldn't anymore.

One day, everything changed and San found himself struggling to find a job he'd be able to fit into his schedules until he saw the light with the special channel he opened almost two years back, and that his friends had no idea of. They both saw the set up in his room, shortly after they all moved in together to an apartment close to his college, but they both deduced that San was just trying to make a career as a streamer, and joked how he was failing miserably since he was still going to class. At least it was an explanation he didn't need to give -he was well aware he probably would've had a difficult time finding a good answer if his friends had ever questioned him about it without giving their suspicions away.

He silently picked all of his things as soon as the lecture was over, getting his notebook, his case and his laptop inside his bag before he was one of the firsts leaving the place. It wasn't like he was late or anything, but he just felt better walking to the next class by himself and not being followed by the huge amount of people that would be heading in the same direction after they chose to leave.