Chapter 26

Y/n blinked hard, refusing to open her eyes after the light coming from her windows started being obvious through the thin layer of her eyelids. San's forearm was holding her head a bit upper the normal height of her pillow, flexed to make sure she wouldn't be moving too far away from him, with his fingertips vaguely resting over her right shoulder. And just remembering he was next to her, had her smiling with her eyes closed, still lying on her belly when she turned her head to witness the work of art her boyfriend was while sleeping. It was then when she noticed the other hand surrounding her waist, not holding her tight, but wrapping around her to make sure she was there.

His head shook, and a soft groan came up from his throat when she started spreading kisses all over his face. She started spreading those kisses all over his face, moving up to his cheeks and the bridge of his nose, not getting a single reaction from him, except some mumbles.

—What? —she whispered, aware that he was still deep in his sleep.

Some more babbling was what she got in response, with his head moving away from her.

—You're going to break my armor —he whispered more clearly.

—Am I going to break your armor? —she giggled— What if it's Y/n the one who breaks it? —she asked calmly, holding back her laugh.

—Then she breaks it —San mumbled—. It's okay if it's her.

He was her little nerd.

It was obvious he was too deep in his sleep to react to whatever she tried to do, so she just opted to move away after leaving a kiss on the corner of his lips, dragging her body over the mattress, carefully getting rid of his grip, until she was able to stand up and walk to her bathroom.

She could use that chance to do some work. It wasn't like she needed to, because she didn't have any delayed tasks, but it was always a good time to get ahead of some of them -just in case.

San woke up thirty minutes later, dragging his right hand over her spot, finding it empty with each rub of his palm over the mattress, until he opened his eyes to find there was indeed no one by his side.

Her clothes were gone from the floor, and his were well placed over the backrest of the chair that was placed in front of a desk she hardly ever used in front of the stairs. He couldn't help but smile when he remembered everything that happened the previous night, thinking it was only a dream until he noticed he was completely naked under the sheets.

He got dressed with his suit after taking a shower, hanging the blazer over his left forearm, and holding his shoes with his right hand, before he started walking downstairs. Y/n's head was peeking over the backrest of her couch, focused on her laptop until her sixth sense told her she wasn't alone in the living room anymore.

All attempts to greet her with a surprise kiss on her shoulder vanished when her smile trapped him.

—How did my knight sleep? —she asked, leaving her laptop on the glass coffee table to stand over the couch.

—Did I miss something? —he frowned, placing his shoes on the floor and the jacket over the backrest of her couch before he headed towards her.

—I was breaking your armor with kisses.

San didn't know what was more shocking: how serious she looked while letting him know, or the fact that he said that in his sleep.

—It took me a long time to be able to buy that armor —he admitted, positioning himself in front of her behind the couch.

—Yikes, and I was breaking it —her knees rested over the backrest as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders.

—You can make up to me. It's okay —his hands held her by her hips, making sure she wouldn't fall even if she lost her balance.