Chapter 21

His head felt warm, he felt cozy, there was a mysterious embrace that made him feel protected. And he knew that feeling, but it was never in a situation similar to that one. Her heart beating against his ear was a calming sound that made him feel at ease, his whole body felt even more relaxed after slowly becoming aware of who was hugging him. That thing alone explained how he felt so light, how he felt as if he had been sleeping for a week.

It wasn't like he usually slept bad, but that night with Y/n certainly did have a positive effect.

His head was resting on her upper arm, while the other was wrapped around his shoulders with her fingers diving into the locks on the back of his head. Later he also realized of the light weight on his hip, and he didn't take long to point out how that probably was her leg keeping him held close.

The soft air that escaped her nostrils every time she breathed caressed his forehead, causing his bangs to barely move.

His eyes opened, first meeting up with the strip of her top. With that image, the only thing he wanted to do was hold her tighter and rub his cheek against her skin.

But he held back.

His thoughts were filled with the conversation they had the previous night, with her doubts, with her insecurities. He couldn't explain how she'd ever be so scared of him not liking her. It still was better than her thinking he'd only approach her for her money or her status, it showed she did trust him and the issues that could come between them were way deeper than that. Although it wasn't like he expected her to ever think of him so wrongly.

He pressed his lips tight against one another as he tried to think what he could do to improve their bond.

They trusted each other, they were getting closer, they liked each other, but everything they did to date was always related to planning how to fake their relationship so others would eat it up. They never focused on each other, on what they wanted to learn, or how they wanted to spend their shared time when it was only them both, and not having others in their minds.

And the best way to get there was by having dates where they were the main purpose of it.

San tried to slip his body from her grip, but every time he tried her tongue clicked among the silence.

He omitted the victorious sound coming from his lips when he finally managed to get away, only to hook his feet with the blankets and fall to the ground with a dry sound on the parquet floor, failing at trying to keep the balance by supporting his hand on the nightstand on his side.

Y/n jumped at the sudden sound, sitting in her bed, and just remembering she didn't sleep alone when she started hearing San's whines from his side of the mattress.

—Oh my god, are you okay? —she quickly asked, turning on the lamp on her side to take a peek over the edge of the bed.

—I think I broke my chest —his voice sounded muffled.

—What were you doing?

After checking on him and confirming he was okay, Y/n tried to hold back those giggles as she woke up to help him get up from the floor, but she still failed at having all her features keep a straight expression. She felt bad, but at the same time it was way too funny for her to act like it wasn't.

—How did you fall from the bed? —she asked, while she squatted next to him to help him rest his back against the mattress.

—I didn't want to wake you up, so I tried to be careful. But I ended up falling off the bed because I was too focused on making sure you didn't hear a thing —a short snort came from her, quickly having his eyes glancing at her.