Identity 23

S is alight with a quiet buzz. There are no beefs going on at the moment, so groups are mostly just lounging around. People turn to whisper to each other as the lone skater makes his way past them. The bits and pieces that he bothers listening in on, mostly consist of chatter about how he beat Snow. It makes him smirk a little too egotistically. Some people start to make their way towards him as he passes, but Reki pays them no attention. He's not in the mood to deal with people suddenly wanting to be friends because of his newfound fame.

The cuts on his arm throb with an unwelcome reminder of his conversation with Adam. Thankfully, his hoodie covers the bandage wrapped around the entirety of his forearm. Not that it stops him from double-checking that it's not on display as his destination comes into view. It's weird to consider that the group may be concerned if they know he's injured. After spending so long thinking they'd forgotten about him, it's almost nice to think they'd care.

Maybe, if tonight goes well. Maybe he'll take the chance and tell them. Just the thought of revealing his identity to them fills him with anxiety and anticipation.

The practice track is a little more crowded with people than the main course. Not that it matters, it's still ridiculously easy to spot the familiar blue hair that automatically catches his eye. At least his habit of searching for the familiar face in every crowd has come in handy for something. Reki's eyes don't stray from the attention-capturing skater as he circles around the edge of the crowd. Langa is soaring well above the rest of the skaters. The way he effortlessly pulls off tricks in the air, makes everyone else's skill look subpar at best. Pride bursts in his chest at the sight.

Slowly wandering over, Reki gazes around at the dozen or so people who are staring up at Snow in awe. He can't blame them given how often he does the same. It is nice to see that Langa's attracting the same kind of attention that he used to. He deserves it with the amount of time and effort he puts into this. Stopping in the free space by the side of the ramp, Reki turns back up to the skaters. It isn't a surprise when his eyes are instantly drawn to Langa.

Everything around him fades into background noise as he watches. For someone who has only recently stepped back on a board, Langa is a better skater than ever. It makes his chest warm with admiration. Langa's natural talent on a board will never cease to be amazing.

Reki only manages to steal a couple of minutes of watching Langa skate, before the hair on the back of his neck prickles with the feeling of being watched. He doesn't react to the sensation further than splitting his attention between the ramp and monitoring the advancement of someone behind him. "I was wondering if you'd show up." The owner of the gaze announces as they come to a stop.

Sensing the force behind the object flying toward the back of his head, Reki tenses at the split-second decision that he's suddenly faced with. He barely has a second to decide that he isn't going to bother acting like he hasn't registered the attack. If Miya is willing to risk harming him, then he has to be expecting it to be stopped somehow and there's no point maintaining his human façade. Tilting his head, Reki swiftly catches the projectile as it shoots past his ear.

On second thought, this is Miya. There is a 30% chance that the devil child had intended for it to hit him. Given the slight sting of his palm, it would've hurt had he not moved out of the way. Turning to face Miya, Reki raises an eyebrow raised as if to say, 'Are you serious?'

"I was starting to think that you weren't going to come." The boy just shrugs, unphased that his attempted assault has been thwarted.

Exaggerating his eye roll, Reki looks down at the object clasped in his palm. It's a small rock, identical to the dozen other ones on the floor. "Did you doubt me?" He sighs disappointedly. Throwing the rock in the air to catch it, Reki smirks at the startled expression that makes Miya's smug smile falter. He'd almost forgotten that this is his first time around S with the upgraded mask