Chapter Eighteen

"Nate I can't believe we're graduating today." I grin as I curl my hair, Nate sitting on my counter watching me. 

"Yeah, sad that we aren't all riding together to graduation." He frowns and I look at him.

"We can, if you want. I just won't talk to them." I shrug. If he wants to do that then it's okay.

"Really? You're cool with it? We're really one big family and I really want you to forgive them, Melanie. Family will always be forever."

Except when they're already dead to me.

"Yeah, I still need to pack for California tonight." I mumble changing the subject.

"Well you better get it done because we're leaving at twelve tomorrow. The guys will be by to pick us up in twenty minutes." I nod as I finish my last curl. Touching up my makeup, looking my self over in the mirror before putting my cap and gown over my black dress.

By the time I am done, I hear the doorbell. I frown, now to face them again.

I pull Nate over to my side for a picture in the mirror of us in our cap and gowns. We say goodbye to my family who will be attending and I open the front door, Sammy standing there. I put on a fake smile towards him and walk over to Jack's jeep.

Riding in such style man. I take the front passenger seat making Nate, Johnson and Sam sit in the back.

I stay quiet the whole ride to the high school. "Melanie, are you going to the party tonight?" Johnson asks for Sam.

"Yeah, of course." I smile looking straight forward. When we get to the high school Sam insists on taking a group picture, handing his phone to Olivia to take a picture of us five.

The order was, Johnson, Nate, myself, Sammy then Gilinsky. Nate and Sam both had there arms around me which was so awkward and I smiled. I was happy, this was how it was supposed to be. Us all against the world.

Suddenly I feel lips on mine and I knew it was Sam. As bad as I wanted to push him away I didn't. My hands finding their way to his cheeks. His hand on my neck and the other on my hip. I finally push him away and shake my head.

"Don't do that ever again."

"Don't act like that didn't mean anything to you." He shakes his head and I frown. It did. I just walk over to Olivia and grab Sam's phone out of her hands, looking at the pictures. There was the ones were he kissed me and the guys were just watching, smiling. Creeps. I go to delete the pictures but Sam takes his phone out of my hands.

"You made your point clear that you don't want to be with me, so don't touch my phone. Thanks." He says bitterly and I roll my eyes.

"Don't take what he says to seriously." Olivia smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Don't talk to me." I mutter walking away over to the gym. Sitting at the very top of the bleachers, Nate sitting down next to me.

"How ya doin' cutie?" He winks and I roll my eyes leaning my head on his shoulder as the rest of the guys make their way up to us. Sam bringing Andrea, hand in hand with her.

"Hey Melanie!" Andrea beams and I roll my eyes.

"You really like my sloppy seconds don't you?" I laugh and Sam rolls his eyes.

"Oh don't be jealous. You said you didn't want to be with me." Sam mutters. Andrea taking the seat to Sam's left, me to his right.

"Can't wait till she cheats on you." I smile, "like you did to me."

"She won't cheat on me, and I won't cheat on her like I did to you. I learned from my mistakes. You should do the same."

"Oh please, you guys won't last the thirty minutes until we walk to our seats." I laugh, Nate sighing.

"Why do you care about what I do or who I see? Last I checked you ended things." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, you're right." I smile innocently. "Guys I'll be right back." I mumble standing up and leaving the gym. It's really so hard to be around Sam.

I stand outside, watching people walking inside. I frown at all the cute couples and I shake my head. I miss Sam, so much. Tears in my eyes I blink them back so I won't ruin my makeup. "You okay?" I hear Sam ask and I frown.

"Just leave me alone. I'm fine." I mutter turning away from him so he couldn't see my face.

"Are you crying?" He asks softly and I just shake my head. "Melanie, I was just messing around in there."

"You made your point clear Sam. You've moved on. Leave me alone." I snap turning to face him. "You've already done enough. So don't act like you care."

"I do care. Way to much actually." He frowns and I just sigh blinking back more tears.

"You are ruining my happiness and you don't even realize it." I mutter stepping around him and going back to my seat next to Nate. Sam right behind me.

Andrea already gone. "What was that supposed to mean?" He whisper yells at me and I shake my head.

"Leave me alone Sam."

But he doesn't. He keeps pushing and pushing.

"Sam, seriously? I fell in love with you thinking you felt the same. Then you cheat on me, and act like it was something that a boyfriend is supposed to do. You don't get it. I'm in love with you but I need to move on. You're just not worth the effort anymore. You aren't worthy of me."

Before another word is said they start calling our names to get in line.

And that's where even more of my problems started happening.