Chapter Twelve

"I don't want to go to school." I mutter into my phone, Jack insisting I go.

"Come on. You can't let him fuck up your perfect school record."

"You're funny." I laugh bitterly pulling my light blue ripped skinny jeans over my hips. "What're you wearing today?"

"I'm wearing my red flannel and some khakis."

"Lame." I say pulling my blue jean flannel on over my white v neck.

"I'm coming in," he says before hanging up and my bedroom door opens. I glare at him.

"I could of been naked." I mutter slipping my feet into my brown boots with fringe around the ankle.

"Yeah but your not so it worked out." He says sitting on my bed as I start undoing my double French braids I did last night. My hair falling into place, perfectly curly. I spray on some hairspray before doing my makeup.

"I see you're dressing more... Hot then usual." He comments looking me over and I smile.

"If you think I look hot then Sam will think I'm irresistible." I laugh grabbing my phone. "Come here and take a snapchat with me."

He does as he's told and I take the mirror picture posting it with a heart.

"Ready?" I ask grabbing my bag. He nods and we link arms.

"Have you made up with Olivia?" He asks once were in the car.

"Fuck no." I say bitterly and he sighs, "Jack she betrayed me. Sam betrayed you. I don't see how you can be so accepting of that. He's such a douche. She's just a... Never mind."

"You say that Sams a douche but you care what he thinks about how you look. I really don't understand how you girls work." He laughs and I narrow my eyes.

"Yeah I do care. But I can't even look at either one of them with out feeling disgusted." I frown, school is going to be terrible.

"Come on." He sighs before getting out of the car. I grown and slide out of the car and follow behind him into the school.

"Jack I regret coming." I whisper standing next to him where he casually checks out girls as they pass. Nate arriving and tackling me in a bear hug.

"How you holding up?" He asks and I smile.

"I'm fine. Great actually." I smirk and Gilinsky shakes his head.

"Don't believe her lies." He says to Nate and they laugh. I frown at Jack. But I frown at Sammy's car pulling into the parking lot.

I can't help but watch as he slides out of his car wearing Adidas wind blockers and a white t shirt.

He looks like shit honestly.

"I'm gonna head to class." I mutter as he starts walking towards us.

"Oh no you don't." Johnson says coming out of no where and stopping me. I groan and glare at the sky.

"I hate you all!" I say before standing behind Gilinsky debating if I can make a run for it or just hide here.

"Sam." Gilinsky mumbles and I feel his body move to give Sam the bro hug.

"Hey guys!" I hear Olivia's voice and I cringe. Since when are they all buddy buddy? She hated them five seconds ago. Oh yeah I forgot she's Sammy's booty call.

I step in front of Gilinsky facing him as she goes to hug him. She is not going to trick him into being her bitch boy.

"Can you please walk me to class?" I mutter feeling both Sam and hers eyes on me.

"There's still ten minutes before class." He says checking his phone. I narrow my eyes. "I'm not cracking Mel."

"Fine." I mutter and pull my phone out. "I'm calling your mom." I frown and he laughs. "I'm not joking."

"You're so immature," he laughs taking my phone out of my hands and putting it in his pocket. Keeping his hand in there so I can't get it.

"Wow G. I thought we were closer than that."

"Melanie," Olivia sighs and I glance at her. "Can we talk?"

"I talk to fake people." I smile crossing my arms over my chest.

"Shots have been fired." Johnson laughs and I roll my eyes.

"He needed a friend and I was there! Nothing happened." She insists and I laugh.

"He has plenty of friends, Olivia. Its just funny that you were his best friend when you were telling me you didn't like him and shit before that. That's fake."

"That was before you fell for him. I only cared about him because you did." She frowns and I shake my head.

"Biggest mistake of my life. Trusting either of you." I mutter.

"I did nothing to break your trust Melanie. You can't blame that on me." Sammy frowns.

"Okay Sammy." I say grabbing my phone out of Jacks hand as the bell rings. "I am a better off with out either of you in my life."

"You don't mean that," Olivia sighs and I smile.

"I do. I don't need people in my life who are going to bring me down. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get to class." I mutter before moving passed them after giving Nate, Jack and Jack a hug.

I totally forgot that I had to sit next to Sammy in first period.

I plead with my teacher to move me seats but the only seat open is next to Andrea.

No thank you.

I'd probably rip her hair out and then.... Never mind.

I plop down in my seat next to Sammy and he lays his head on his arms.

I look at his messed up hair and I move my hand up to fix it. I can't help it. He shifts a bit but doesn't stops me.

He looks up once I remove my hand and I look away. "Can I come over after school please? I need to make this right,"

I look at his drained face. His eyes clouded with emotions and water, as if he's going to cry. "Sam. I can't." I whisper examining the dark bags under his eyes.

"Melanie. I can't let you live on hating me."

"I don't hate you Sam." I murmur. "I'm just devastated."

"I don't want you to feel pain because of me. I want you happy." He whispers and I look down at my hand that he grabbed 

"Please let me fix this." He says bringing my hand up to his lips. I slowly look up into his eyes.

"You can give me a ride home, that's all the time you get." I murmur and he smiles a grave smile.

"Okay," he says leaning over and kissing my cheek. I hold back my smile and lean back in my chair. "You're still my valentine you know."

"Yeah. I know." I say sliding my tongue over my lips.

I glance at him. "You're so damn beautiful." He says and I look away from him.

"Thank you Samuel."

"I won't make you regret this, baby. I swear." He whispers before kissing the side of my head. "You mean to much to me for me to let you walk away."

I hope you're not lying I chant in my head and I sigh. "Okay Sammy."