Misunderstood (🏐)

Mention of abuse/failure being punished.

Sick/Sad : Oikawa
Caregiver : Hinata

×

Oikawa, or the Great King known as by Hinata, is quite the misunderstood person.

Oikawa grew up being told that failure meant weakness, that failure should never be celebrated, only punished. Oikawa was punished in his home as a child if he ever failed a task.

He fell off his bike, failure, broke a glass, failure. Anything he did wrong was seen as failure, and he was punished by being refused food, being locked alone in a room with nothing.

Oikawa was even beaten by his father when he failed at what was supposedly the easiest of things.

When Oikawa met Iwaizumi in elementary school, Oikawa was happy to have a friend. However, Oikawa grew up to be very cocky because of how he was raised, his family was always bragging about their perfect life.

When Oikawa failed an assignment, he would get whipped with a belt, and if he cried, he would get beaten even more. Oikawa learnt to suppress all his emotions. He never cried.

Iwaizumi never noticed anything wrong with Oikawa. He just thought that Oikawa was a cocky rude guy. So Iwaizumi would slap Oikawa on the head whenever he did something stupid.

Oikawa had a trauma response to this because he thought that Iwaizumi was his friend, but getting slapped by Iwaizumi made him realise that he was safe nowhere.

During middle school, Oikawa became a bully because he thought that behaviour was normal. He bullied students who were younger than him.

When he met Kageyama, he was pissed because Kageyama was better than him, and Oikawa had to be the best. So Oikawa gave Kageyama the most crap. Kageyama came to hate Oikawa.

Once highschool started, Oikawa had moved out of his parents house, he couldn't handle the abuse and beatings, he kept failing assignments because of how stressed he was, and on top of that he was forced to go into Volleyball.

Oikawa was in his third year, and the captain of the team, he made everyone do everything a certain way. Nobody could make any mistakes. Especially not Oikawa.

Oikawa was a jerk for all the wrong reasons. He was just misunderstood. He wanted someone to tell him that crying was okay, that failure didn't need to be punished.

Oikawa didn't have anyone there to help him or love him.

Oikawa served the ball. It just missed and hit the line.

" Damn it! Again! "

Oikawa yelled, asking for another ball. Iwaizumi rolled his eyes and handed Oikawa another ball.

Oikawa served the ball again, this time getting it perfect.

" Yes! That's what I'm talking about! "

Oikawa celebrated. Oikawa then slapped himself in the face.

" Stupid! "

He failed a serve. He must be punished. That's what went through his mind.

Iwaizumi scoffed.

" You should get more than a slap in the face, you idiot. "

Oikawa looks at Iwaizumi and nods.

" Alright. "

Oikawa went outside and ran laps until his legs were numb.

At the end of practice, Oikawa had to walk home. He staggered his way home. On the way, though, he heard a familiar voice, one from a certain orange haired boy.