ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ8

Ser Erryk and Ser Arryk were assisting the girls, and it was the first time Ser Arryk took the role of guiding Renesmee in the art of archery.

"Draw all the way back to your cheek. Keep both of your eyes open when aiming," he patiently instructed Renesmee, who struggled to pull the string to her cheek. "And release."

Her arrow landed at the edge of the target, and Renesmee sighed in frustration, her competitive spirit driving her to hit the bullseye like Aemma had done twice.

Erryk, observing from the sidelines with Aemma, reassured her, "No worries. You were closer than most men I've seen shoot a bow. Try to have steady hands this time."

Renesmee looked up at him, expressing the difficulty she faced. "It's hard to pull back."

"That's because you're relying on your arms; it's all in your back," Erryk explained patiently.

As Renesmee prepared for another shot, Arryk offered guidance on her form. She carefully nocked another arrow, adjusting her grip and stance. "Use your back and let your arm stay relaxed," Ser Arryk advised.

Renesmee aligned her arrow with the target, releasing it with a clean motion that struck the target through the middle. Erryk smiled, praising her, "Good job, princess," and giving her a comforting pat on the back, while Arryk offered a small smile.

Looking ahead to future training, Renesmee asked, "When can we move on to swords with the boys?"

Arryk, still focusing on her progress with the bow, scoffed, "You could barely shoot a bow. Let's at least work our way up."

As they continued their training, Aemma excelled in archery, hitting the bullseye with a precision that impressed both Ser Erryk and Ser Arryk. Renesmee, determined to catch up, listened attentively to the knights' instructions.

Arryk adjusted Renesmee's stance, guiding her on the proper way to hold the bow. "Remember, it's a dance between you, the bow, and the target. Let the arrow flow," he advised, demonstrating the graceful movements.

Renesmee took a deep breath, she drew the bowstring back. As she released, the arrow soared and landed closer to the center of the target.

Erryk nodded approvingly, "it takes time."

Aemma, having finished her round of archery, approached Renesmee with a supportive smile. "You're getting better, Nessie."

Renesmee grinned, appreciating her best friend's encouragement.

Aemma observed the boys' training session, frustration evident on her face as she noticed the uneven attention from Ser Criston. Jacaerys and Lucerys, determined to prove themselves, vigorously practiced their strikes on the straw man, exchanging tips and encouragement.

Aegon, displaying a more aggressive approach, kicked the straw man with a wicked grin, reveling in his perceived victory. Aemma's eyes narrowed at his unchecked enthusiasm.

Aemond, on the other hand, focused on refining his technique, his swings precise and controlled as he aimed for the straw man's vulnerable points.

Meanwhile, Ser Criston engaged in a spirited spar with Daeron, the clashing of swords echoing through the training area.

Aemma wandered away from the bustling training grounds, seeking the company of her older brother, Jacaerys, and her twin, Lucerys.

With a bright smile, Aemma greeted them, "Hey, what are you two doing?"

Jacaerys sighed, still awaiting acknowledgement from Ser Criston. "Training," he replied, a hint of disappointment in his voice. "Aren't you supposed to be with Ser Erryk?"