ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ14

Aemma stood by Renesmee's bedside, her fists clenched at her sides as she watched the maester tend to her friend's unconscious body. Jacaerys and Lucerys were standing next to her, their expressions solemn as they glanced at their best friend.

Across the room, Viserys sat seething in anger at his grandchildren and youngest daughter. Alicent was seated across from Aemond, watching as the maester stitched up his eye. Aegon stood nearby, looking largely uninterested in the situation.

Aemma eyes blazing with anger as she watched Aemond being attended to by a maester across the room. She couldn't believe that he was the one being comforted, when Renesmee was the one who had almost died.

Aemma clenched her hands into fists as she continued to glare at Aemond. She couldn't understand why he was the one being treated as the victim, when he was the one who had caused all of this.

She looked over at her cousins, Rhaena and Baela, who were standing across the room, their expressions somber as they watched their best friend lay unconscious on the bed.

Aemma's anger flared as she thought about how unfair the whole situation was. It was Aemond's own stupidity that had caused this mess, and yet he was being treated like the victim while Renesmee lay unconscious on the bed.

She wanted to scream and shout at the injustice of it all, but instead she just stood there, her anger and frustration building up inside her like a coiled snake ready to strike.

Viserys stood up from his throne, his expression furious as he looked at his guard.

"I want answers!" he demanded, his voice cracking with anger.

The guard winced at the king's tone but quickly bowed his head in respect.

"The princes and the princess were supposed to be in bed, my king," he explained, his eyes flickering toward the children standing nearby.

Viserys turned his attention to Ser Criston as the knight spoke, his expression turning even more dark at his words.

"The young prince was attacked by his own cousins, your grace," Ser Criston explained, his voice calm and steady.

Aemma's eyes flashed angrily at the accusation, but she stayed silent, knowing that this wasn't the time or place to speak out against the white cloaks knight.

Aemma couldn't keep silent any longer, her voice rising above the others in the room.

"That's not true!" she exclaimed, her eyes fixed on Ser Criston.

Viserys and the others turned to look at her, their expressions a mixture of surprise and curiosity at her sudden outburst.

Aemma flushed as she realized all eyes were on her now, but she didn't back down. She met Ser Criston's gaze firmly, her jaw set stubbornly.

"It wasn't an attack, it was self-defense!"

She looked around the room, meeting the eyes of her two cousins and Renesmee lying unconscious on the bed.

Lucerys and Jacaerys looked at her with surprise and gratitude, their faces lighting up with hope at her words.

Meanwhile, Viserys and the others watched her intently, waiting to hear what else she had to say.

Aemma continued, her voice growing stronger with each word. "He had a rock in his hand and he threatened to kill us!"

She paused for a moment, glancing over at Aemond and his stitched up eye, a flicker of satisfaction in her gaze.

Viserys' face turned puce with anger as he shouted at the guards, his voice booming through the room.

"You swore oaths to protect and defend my blood!"