ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ10

Jacaerys, Lucerys, and Aemma gathered in their mothers chamber, their faces a mixture of anticipation and apprehension as they awaited their mother's announcement. Rhaenyra entered the room, her expression serious yet tender as she regarded her children.

"Mother?" Lucerys asked, his voice tinged with concern.

Rhaenyra took a seat, motioning for her children to do the same. she began, her tone gentle yet firm, "I have news. We will be relocating to Dragonstone."

The room fell silent as her words sank in. Jacaerys spoke up first, his voice betraying a hint of disbelief. "Dragonstone? But why?"

Rhaenyra sighed, her gaze drifting to the flickering flames in the hearth. "It's time for us to move on."

Aemma frowned, her mind racing with questions. "But what about our friends here?"

"You will have each other and continue your studies on Dragonstone," Rhaenyra assured them, her tone soothing yet resolute. "This decision is for the good of our familyâ€""

"I don't want to leave." Jacaerys said, shaking his head, struggling to accept her words.

Rhaenyra reached out and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I understand your frustration," she said, her tone empathetic. "But sometimes, we must make sacrifices. Dragonstone is where we belong."

Jacaerys sighed, his anger slowly giving way to resignation. He knew his mother was right, even if it was hard to admit. With a heavy heart, he nodded.

Aemma turned to her mother, her brow furrowed with concern. "What about Renesmee?" she asked, her voice tinged with worry. "Will she be coming with us to Dragonstone?"

Rhaenyra's expression softened as she regarded her daughter. "I've already spoken to your grandsire about Renesmee," she explained gently. "Unfortunately, the Queen has forbidden her from accompanying us. Your grandsire agreed with her decision, believing it's best for Renesmee to stay."

Aemma's heart sank at the news, her concern deepening. "But she's family," she protested, her voice tinged with sadness. "She should be with us."

Rhaenyra nodded, her own expression reflecting Aemma's sentiments. "I know, sweet girl," she said softly, "but it's already been decided." She reached out and squeezed Aemma's hand reassuringly. "We'll find a way to stay connected with Renesmee, even if we're apart. We can send letters and I'm sure your grandsire will allow her to visit us."

Lucerys, who had been silent until now, spoke up with frustration evident in his voice. "It's not fair," he declared, his jaw clenched with frustration. "Why should we have to leave? This is our home."

Rhaenyra sighed softly, understanding her son's feelings. "I know you feel that way now, Lucerys," she said gently, "but in time, you three will come to understand why." She reached out to give his hand a reassuring squeeze.

"Hurry along now," she continued, changing the subject, "the handmaidens are waiting for you in your chambers to help you pack."

Aemma exchanged a glance with her brothers, silently acknowledging the weight of their situation. "Yes, Mother," they replied in unison, a sense of resignation in their voices. They stood up and followed Jacaerys out of their mother's room, each lost in their own thoughts.

Aemma gently grabbed hold of her twin's arm, stopping him mid-stride. "Cover for me. I'm gonna go find Renesmee," she told him quietly. Lucerys looked hesitant. "I don't know…" he began.

"Please, Luke," Aemma pleaded, her eyes searching for understanding. "Okay," he relented after a moment, nodding. "I'll be back, okay?" she reassured him before slipping away, leaving Lucerys with a mixture of worry and resolve.