A world without you (🏐)

Sick : Hinata
Caregiver : Kageyama

Warning, mention of death, self harm, sickness, hospitals, depression.

×

In a world in which Kageyama imagined a life without Hinata.

Hinata has been in and out of hospital with a rare illness that is slowly killing him, Kageyama visits him every day.

The volleyball team will also occasionally visit when Hinata has some good or bad news come his way, but in the end, Kageyama is always there every day.

Hinata begs for Kageyama to go home and have a break, but Kageyama refuses to leave his smaller boyfriends side.

" Kageyama, please go home. It's getting late. "

" No, I won't leave your side. "

Kageyama retorted, crossing his arms as he looked at the orange haired boy that was hooked up to so many monitors.

It pained Kageyama to see Hinata in such a state. Kageyama only wished for Hinata to get better, but the doctors didn't have high hopes.

At about 3am Kageyama had drifted off to sleep.

When Kageyama woke up, Hinata's monitors were going crazy and the doctors rushed in the room, hurrying Kageyama out of the way so they could start helping Hinata.

After what felt like 2 painful long hours, the doctor came out of the room with a sorrowful look on his face.

Kageyama's whole world stopped in that moment as the doctor told him that Hinata didn't make it.

Kageyama was frozen, tears pricking at the sides of his eyes as he refused to believe the doctors words.

" N-No... "

Kageyama rushed into the room. He saw Hinata laying lifeless on the hospital bed. The monitors had been turned off. It was silent.

Kageyama stared at Hinata's lifeless body as he watched the nurses place a cloth over the dead body.

Hours had passed, and Kageyama was still standing in the room.

The doctors had called Daichi and Sugawara to come and pick up Kageyama.

" Tobio? Come on, Tobio, you need to leave. "

Sugawara said softly. Kageyama looked at the two upperclassmen who came to take him away.

" But.... Hinata. "

Kageyama said.

" Tobio, come on.. the team is all waiting outside. We are going to make a shrine. "

Daichi said with a gentle smile.

Kageyama stumbled, his legs trembling. Daichi and Suga both took hold of one of Kageyama's arms to help keep him steady.

" It's okay, Tobio.. "

Suga said, comforting the first year setter.

Suga and Daichi helped Kageyama walk outside where the whole volleyball team was waiting, including Hinata's mother and little sister Natsu.

Only now realisation hit Kageyama. Kageyama's eyes filled with tears as they poured down his face.

Kageyama screamed with such pain as his legs buckled beneath him, Daichi and Suga helped Kageyama to the floor gently.  

" HINATA! "

Kageyama screamed.

The whole team's heart broke hearing those screams. Hinata's mother and Natsu were both crying and hugging each other.