Conversation In The Hallway

(Pomni, Ragatha, and Jax are walking down a hallway.)

Ragatha: So, this is where we all live. Or, well, where we all sleep at night. Even though we don't really need to sleep, it's sometimes nice to kind of take a break from everything and have a bit of a routine, you know? I'm sure there'll be one for... (They reach Pomni's room.) Oh look, you already got one.

(Pomni briefly makes the same face as the picture on her door)

Pomni: I still don't understand. About the adventures, why even go on them at all? Why not try to find a way to leave?

Ragatha: Well, we usually do, when we first arrive, but after a while you start to realize that you really can't leave and constantly chasing an unattainable goal will start driving you a bit crazy. And eventually you get to asking what the point of anything is (She begins speaking more crazed.) and you completely lose sight of who you are and why you're even alive and when you reach your breaking point something really terrible can happen! (She stops when they reach Kaufmo's room.) Ah, but that's not something we need to deal with today. Above anything else, the adventures give us something to do that keeps our minds healthy and stimulated.

Jax: Thank goodness this is all a dream, right, Pomni?

(Pomni looks like she's staring right into the abyss. Jax gently smacks her cheek a couple times to snap out of it.)

Pomni: Why are we here again? What are we doing?

Ragatha: We're getting one of our friends.

(Ding dong! No response.)

Ragatha: Huh. Maybe he's not in his room? I hope he's all right...

Jax: Don't worry, Dollface, I've got a key to his room.

Ragatha: Wha, wait, wh-why? You- You- You shouldn't have keys to anyone's room.

Jax: Nah, I've got keys everywhere, and you've all been fine. By the way, I may have left something in your room today, so let me know if you find it. You're not afraid of centipedes, are you?

Ragatha: Jax! That's literally my only fear, why would you do this?!

Jax: What? It could be a completely unrelated question. You'll never know until it's too late.

(He opens the door. Inside, the room is covered with scribblings and drawings of a madman. As for Kaufmo himself... He has turned into some eldritch abomination. A glitchy four-legged beast with several multicolored eyes covering his entire body.)

Jax: (Grabbing a blue bowling ball) Oh, I've been looking for this. Thanks for keeping an eye on it, Kaufy. I'm gonna head out, see you. (He flees.)

Ragatha: (Panicking) Oh, Kaufmo's been abstracted. That, that's okay.

Pomni: What is that?

Ragatha: It might be that terrible thing I was talking about earlier when you reach your breaking point!

Pomni: H-huh?

Ragatha: Okay, wait, maybe there's still time to fix 'em if we get Caine.

(Kaufmo closes in on Ragatha as Pomni runs for her life.)

Ragatha: Whoa, Kaufmo, listen! I know we didn't always get along, like when you called me out for fake laughing at your jokes. I swear, I really did think they were funny, I was just having a bit of a bad day!

(Kaufmo grabs Ragatha, slams her on the walls, and tosses her to the floor. Ragatha begins glitching out.)

Ragatha: (While glitching) ⱧɆɎ, ₱Ø₥₦ł, ĐØ ɎØɄ ₮Ⱨł₦₭ ɎØɄ ₵ØɄⱠĐ ₱ɆⱤⱧ₳₱₴ ⱧɆⱠ₱ ₥Ɇ ØɄ₮ ⱧɆⱤɆ? ł Ʉ₦ĐɆⱤ₴₮₳₦Đ ł₣ ɎØɄ ĐØ₦'₮ ₩₳₦₮ ₮Ø, ₮ⱧØɄ₲Ⱨ.

(Pomni tries to reach out to her, but gets shocked, resulting in her hand glitching up.)

Pomni: I'm sorry!

(Pomni runs off, with Kaufmo giving chase. After trying and failing to catch her, Kaufmo leaps off a balcony to the floor below. Not knowing he missed her, Kaufmo runs off. Pomni, after some contemplation, decides to go back and help Ragatha.)