5

"Mère, es-tu?" A little boy cried out with tears rolling down his face, bringing his teddy closer to his body. "Je n'aime pas cet endroit." He choked out, hearing something banging on the wall getting closer and closer. "J'ai peur. S'il te plaît reviens." He said, hugging his little teddy in a tight grip as he sobbed out.

A loud bang was heard on the other side of the door, making him yelp in fear. He looked around for a place to hide as more tears clouded his vision. He spotted a tiny vent, but it was enough for him to crawl through as he opened the lid. The banging seemed to get more desperate and louder as he slowly got on his knees to crawl through.

"Ouvre la porte, chérie." He froze in a state of fear as a chill ran through his spine, hearing his Mama's voice on the other side of the door. "Laisse entrer ta maman." The door handle jiggled as he just backed away into the vent as fear struck him.

He knew deep down that...it wasn't his mama.

That sweet sickening tone gave it all away.

A sharp bang was heard from the other side. "LAISSEZ ENTRER VOTRE MÈRE! OUVREZ CETTE PORTE MAINTENANT!" The voice sounded more desperate and sickening as they started to create a dent in the door.

He jolted back as he held his teddy in one hand, desperately crawling through the vent as tears went down his face like a waterfall.

"Laisse Moi Entrer!"

"Впусти Меня!"

"Fammi Entrare!"

"Déjame Entrar!"

"LET ME IN!"

__________________________________________

A sleeping angel tossed and turned as tears rolled down her face. Her breath was shallow and irregular as she clawed into the mattress. Her words were incoherent as if they were spoken in different languages, but one, in particular, stood out the most. "N-no," they whispered as it seemed to echo around the room.

All of a sudden, someone knocked on the door lightly. "Elanor, are you alright?" A strong, feminine voice laced with concern spoke, but no response was given. They opened the door cautiously as their eyes widened in worry at Elanor's state.

"Non, je t'en prie." Elanor's voice quivered, clutching onto their pillow, eyes still shut tight. The woman hurriedly rushed towards her side as she shook her. "Elanor, wake up." She said, desperately wanting her to snap out of it.

Elanor's eyes snapped open as fear still coursed through her veins, sobbing out while desperately wanting to get away from the 'stranger' holding her. "Hey, it's okay, everything's gonna be alright." She let go of her as Elanor backed away, looking at her with teary eyes. "I um- I'm s-sorry." Elanor said, wiping away her tears with the rim of her shirt. She felt embarrassed that someone got to see her like that.

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry about. It was just a nightmare," she spoke softly, taking a seat at the edge of the bed. "I know, Sera, but you're always there when I do have one... A-and I feel like maybe you'll get tired of me being ... Like this." Elanor mumbled, but Sera heard it clearly.

And something seemed to strike her heart at Elanor's statement. She wanted her to get rid of that idea, but a lump in her throat seemed to stop any words from coming out.

She lifted Elanor's head gently as her glossy eyes met hers. "I'll never get tired of you, Elanor. No matter what, I'll always be there for you. All you gotta do is find me, okay?" She said, pulling her in a comforting hug as Elanor silently cried on her shoulder. The seraphim's wings acted as a blanket as she gently covered her with them.

Sera gave her all the time that she needed as she gently stroked her wings, knowing that calmed her down.

"You want some pancakes?" Sera asked, looking down slightly at the nuzzled-up angel. "Yeah," Elanor mumbled, still holding on tightly to the seraphim. "You want me to carry you?" Sera asked again, seeing how she was trapped in the adorable angel's embrace.

She giggled, looking up at Sera. "Yeah," she smiled, bopping Sera's nose. She chuckled before standing up, making sure Elanor wouldn't fall before proceeding to the kitchen.

Every once in a while, Sera looks down, seeing how Elanor is nuzzled into her, making her chuckle before looking back up. She finds it adorable but would probably never say it to her. She also makes sure Elanor is fully covered by her wings, not wanting anyone to catch a glimpse of her.

In a way, Sera thinks that the little angel in her arms is only a sight she can witness, not anyone else but her.

___________________________________________

A/n: girl I don't even know myself In why I wrote this. ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

But I do hope you enjoy this little filler chapter of Sera comforting Elanor after a nightmare. Even though I didn't add much of the comfort BUT, that's ok. (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕)

I'll probably be writing filler chapters while Elanor is in heaven because I don't have much to work with here. We barely got a few glimpses of heaven, but the majority of it was them being in court sooo. Not much to work with.

And I think I forgot to mention that this is like either Elanor's third or fourth year of being in heaven. I just wanted to mention that.

Because I don't want to leave a big gap in how all the characters seem to be very close to her.

Oh almost forgot the translations:

"Mère, es-tu?" ( French )
" Mother, where are you?"

"Je n'aime pas cet endroit." ( French )
" I don't like this place. "

"J'ai peur. S'il te plaît reviens." ( French )
" I'm scared, please come back. "

"Ouvre la porte, chérie." ( French )
"Open the door , sweetheart."

"Laisse entrer ta maman." ( French )
" let your mother in. "

"LAISSEZ ENTRER VOTRE MÈRE! OUVREZ CETTE PORTE MAINTENANT!" ( French )
"LET YOUR MOTHER IN! OPEN THIS DOOR NOW!"

"Laisse Moi Entrer!" ( French )
" Let me in!"

"Впусти Меня!" ( Russian )
" Let me in!"

"Fammi Entrare!" ( Italian )
" Let me in!"

"Déjame Entrar!" ( Spanish )
Let me in!"

"Non, je t'en prie." ( French )
" No, please."

Oh and sorry if you actually wanted to see Elanor and Emily's ' little ice cream hangout '. If you guys want I could show it in the next chapter. Only if you guys want/comment it then I'll do it.

And sorry for being a tad bit late on this chapter.

Well, hope you enjoyed it though.

Thank you for reading!

Finished Editing :

Chapter finished: February 25th, 2024

Chapter published: February 26th, 2024

Word count: 1, 1121