Chapter 61-70

Chapter 61

Lin Hongna's marriage has been decided. She and Sun Jialiang will not get the certificate for the time being. They will make up for it when the child is born as a son.

This was what Sun's mother said. Lin Hongna was unhappy but had nothing to do.

Sun's father was a decent man and knew that his wife had done something unfair. He originally said that he would not give the Lin family a gift, but thinking that Lin Hongna had his own flesh and blood in her belly, Sun's father still gave the Lin family eighty-eight yuan and two pieces of cloth. The bride price of fifty pounds of cornmeal.

This was a windfall for Li Aifeng. She originally thought that her daughter would not be able to earn a penny when she got married, but she did not expect that her father-in-law was very smart. I heard that her daughter would live in the compound of the work unit after she got married, and she did not have to do any work at home. , I was laughing from ear to ear at that moment.

It doesn't matter if we don't hold a banquet or get a certificate. How can we really have money in our hands? Besides, there are fifty kilograms of cornmeal!

Now that the commune canteen has been disbanded, no one in the village can bring out food, and there is not much food available in the city.

The old Sun family had fifty pounds of cornmeal in hand!

Otherwise, the big cadres are capable!

Because Lin Hongna has been pregnant for more than two months, if she postpones the wedding until after the new year, she may not look good with her big belly.

On the twenty-fifth day of the twelfth lunar month, Lin Daguo simply posted a few pictures of Double Happiness. Although his daughter did not have a son and had a lot of weight in her heart, she was still her own child, especially Lin Hongna, who married into the family of a big cadre in the town, bringing honor to the old Lin family. On top of that, Li Aifeng expected her daughter to provide for her until her death, so she also prepared a fairly generous dowry for Lin Hongna.

Two fine cotton quilts, an elm washstand, a jujube enamel washbasin, an iron kettle, and some odds and ends were scattered all over the floor.

All the folks in the village came to watch the fun. It was very cold in the village and few people held weddings. Lin Daguo's family was also interested. The wedding candies they bought were the cheapest maltose, which was not the best. The kind that contained too much saccharin. , which tasted bitter in the mouth, and cost 50 cents for a big bag. The old man named Bai from the countryside thought it was okay, but it was not enough for a cadre family like the Sun family.

Fortunately, the grandma maintained her own identity and no relatives or friends from the groom's family came to the countryside. Otherwise, seeing such a shabby farewell scene, she would touch her chest and scream and feel dizzy.

Even though this was the case, Li Aifeng was so distressed by the candy that it cost fifty cents for a pack of candy!

She can even go to the town's supply and marketing cooperative to buy a scarf to wrap her head. Oh, how sad it is.

The women in the village were eating melon seeds and chewing bitter candies and gathered around the entrance of the courtyard to look at Lin Hongna's dowry. No matter how rich the country girls were, they were not so rich. They were jealous and despised the Lin family for selling their girls for money. Which family would love their girls? Parents will allow their children to hook up outside and cause scandals such as pregnancy out of wedlock, and the whole family will be obsessed with money.

The Sun family gave me a gift of eighty-eight yuan. Look at the wedding candy melon seeds that the Lin family gave their daughter. The melon seeds are home-grown pumpkin seeds. They have bug eyes, are shriveled and bitter. Grab a handful and eat them in your mouth. Half of the words were spat out, and those who didn't know thought Li Aifeng would live a good life, while those who knew were gossiping behind his back, saying that Mrs. Lin Daguo was comparable to an iron rooster.