Chapter 71-80

Chapter 71

Comrades from the County Public Security Bureau received the report and immediately set off to the Liujiawa production team.

Liujiawa Production Team is a large village with about 200 households. They have lived in the countryside for generations and are of the same clan.

The old farmer's former son-in-law is named Liu Chengchun. He has three brothers in his family and the family has no enemies in Liujiawa. I heard that the Public Security Bureau came to his house to investigate the case.

All the villagers in the village came to see what was going on.

Liu's house is a very ordinary thatched house with a fenced yard and a mud yard with a well platform. There are sparse vegetable seedlings planted in the vegetable patch next to the wall. Due to the hot weather and poor management, the vegetable seedlings are dejected and the leaves are withered and yellow. They are different from those in the yard. The Liu family is also listless and lifeless.

Of the two thatched sheds in the Liu family's yard, one is filled with tall stacks of firewood, and the other is used as a livestock pen, where chickens, ducks, and geese are raised in peacetime.

Comrades from the Public Security Bureau issued certificates and dug three feet into the ground for the newly built thatched shed built by the Liu family. There was nothing underneath.

The old lady of the Liu family jumped three feet high, looking like I had been wronged. She put her hands on her hips and said, "Well! Our family is innocent! You police officers indiscriminately accuse good people, so you have to give us that... ...comfort money!"

"Yes, the Public Security Bureau cannot bully the people!"

"Don't even think about leaving without losing money!"

Several daughters-in-law of the Liu family also followed suit, and the two brothers Liu Chengchun even reached out to push the old man who reported the crime.

The old man's family also has four sons. The four strong and powerful men stepped forward, while the two brothers from the old Liu family, with sharp mouths and monkey cheeks, backed away in fear.

The yard of Liu's family was noisy, but Liu Chengchun stood aside, looking uneasy.

As for the widow who had just given birth to a child, she used the excuse that country women had never seen the world, and even did not show her face.

The old man who reported the case insisted that his daughter's disappearance was related to the Liu family, so Xu Xiangqian brought several police officers to the village to investigate and took notes from house to house.

Gu Shi'an observed in the yard of the Liu family. The Liu family dared to act wild in front of other police comrades, but they ran away when they saw him.

What a joke, this Deputy Director Gu is not easy to mess with at first glance. The third son of the Liu family wanted to bully the younger one. He grabbed the old man's granddaughter and tried to punch him. The others had not yet made a move. Gu Shi'an The third son of the Liu family hissed and gasped with his fist.

The Liu family huddled together in fear, watching a group of police officers coming in and out of the yard.

The Liu family's yard is in tatters, except for the newly built thatched shed and the newly dug cellar in the backyard that stand out from the crowd.

In the 1950s and 1960s, almost every household in the countryside had a cellar for storing grain.

The red cellar is dug deep into the ground, with a sharpened strong wood as the roof. The opening is a square hole, and a fence made of sorghum straw is used as the door. Because the cellar is deep Digging underground is very warm even in the cold winter months, making it easy to store whole grains such as sweet potatoes, cabbage and potatoes.