Diabetic Problems (🏐)

Sick : Tsukishima
Caregiver : Tadashi and Kuroo

I had to do a lot of research for this chapter, so I hope you appreciate my time typing this. Thank you!

×

Kei was 10 when it first started. He was practising volleyball with his brother when his mouth became dry, and he became extremely thirsty.

He drank all the water in his bottle within a matter of seconds and still felt thirsty. His vision also was starting to blur.

" Akiteru, I don't feel right. "

Kei expressed his worries to his older brother, who also had the exact same worry from Kei's excessive thirst.

" Hold on, Kei, I'll get mom. "

Akiteru rushed inside and got their mom, who was in the kitchen.

" Mom, something is wrong with Kei! "

Akiteru expressed worriedly. Their mother stopped what she was doing and rushed outside to see her youngest son, who was currently sitting on the ground.

" Mom! I don't feel well! "

Kei yelled with worry, looking up at his mother, who rushed over with a concerned expression.

" Akiteru, call an ambulance. It's okay, sweetie, you will be okay. "

Their mother comforted the young boy. Kei was scared and shaking, though his body was also shutting down slowly.

After 10 minutes, the ambulance arrived. The ambulance noticed Kei's state, and they quickly got him on the stretcher.

One of the paramedics also has diabetes and knew after being told Kei's symptoms that Kei likely had high blood sugar.

The paramedic quickly used a glucometer to prick Kei's finger and check his blood sugar, the number coming back painstakingly high.

Once at the hospital, Kei was fully shut down. He was taken to the emergency room for an emergency insulin injection and test. The doctors had to test Kei for type 1 diabetes.

Unfortunately, Kei was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. He started middle school, wearing a medical bracelet that had his medical information and emergency contact numbers.

Kei kept quiet and didn't let bullies bring him down, he was tall and had a resting bitch face, so he always managed to avoid confrontation.

When Kei met Tadashi Yamaguchi, he was quite nervous to have a friend. But Kei had protected Tadashi from some bullies who were making fun of his adorable freckles.

Kei thought the bullies were stupid, and that's how a sweet friendship formed between Kei and Tadashi.

Tadashi would follow Kei everywhere and even joined volleyball with Kei. So Tadashi knew how Kei's diabetes worked, and he was taught how to use Kei's insulin injections and glucometer.

Tsukishima Kei was nervous for high school to start, but he knew he couldn't back away. He and Tadashi promised each other to go to high school together.

Tsukishima joined the Karasuno volleyball team. He decided not to wear his medical bracelet. He was worried about being rejected.

Thankfully, Tsukishima never had any issues with his blood sugar throughout most of his time at Karasuno.

When they lost the spring, high preliminary, Kei was pretty bummed out, and everyone on the team was so upset about their loss against Aoba Josai.

So what did they do? They got a training camp with Nekoma and a few other schools.