Movie Night

𝐀𝐒 𝐘/𝐍 stood at her kitchen window, clad in her cozy pajamas, she gazed out at the Texas night sky. The warmth of the evening mingled with a subtle chill, creating a perfect balance that tingled against her skin. The stars seemed to twinkle and shine more brightly than ever tonight. The worst part was that it was hard to see the night sky in the city due to the pollution, but Y/n was lucky enough to live in a more remote part of the state, so she could appreciate the little things of nature in its entirety.

The cool breeze gently tousled her hair, offering a soothing relief despite causing a few strands to stand on end.

Lost in the tranquility of the moment, Y/n's reverie was abruptly interrupted by the shrill chime of the doorbell. "Ugh..." she groaned. A furrow creased her brow as she wondered who could be here at such a late hour. With a sigh, she reluctantly tore herself away from the enchanting scene outside and made her way to the front door.

Failing to adhere to her habit of checking the peephole before opening the door, Y/n swung it open to reveal Jacob, her neighbor, standing on the threshold. His presence sent a shiver down her spine, though she couldn't quite pinpoint why. It's just how she felt around him, despite him being one of the sweetest people that she's ever met. There was just something about him that she couldn't place her finger on. Shrugging it off for the time being, Y/n's attention then shifted downward to see clutched in his hands a package.

She greeted him happy as ever. "Hello, Jacob," Y/n greeted, her voice tinged with a hint of surprise. "What brings you here at this hour?" She knew why he was there, but she still wanted to have a simple conversation with the blond rather than taking back her wrongfully delivered package and immediately kicking him to the curb.

A faint smile played at the corners of Jacob's lips as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, his gaze fixed unwaveringly on the h/c-haired woman. "I... uh, I brought you somethin'," he stammered, holding out the package in offering.

Y/n accepted the parcel with a grateful nod, though a flicker of unease danced in the depths of her eyes. "Thank you," she murmured, her curiosity piqued. "But why now? It's quite late."

Jacob's smile widened into a grin, though something was unsettling about the way his eyes gleamed in the dim light. "I got your mail again by mistake." He said.

"Really? Again?" Y/n rests against the doorway. "That's a shame... that has to be, what, the fifth time this week? I wonder what's going on at the post office... geez, you'd think that the people delivering it would have that problem fixed by now," she thinks out loud and then pinched the bridge of her nose. She sighs before saying, "Thank you, Jacob." She's very lucky to have a neighbor who didn't steal her packages and instead brought them over to her as soon as they were delivered.

"Guess not..." By the sound of it, he was disappointed too-or at least tried to act like he was.

The truth was that he wanted to come to visit Y/n with the idea of starting a small conversation again, but he was also afraid to be considered a stalker and a weirdo when he was far from it. He's nothing more but a hopeless romantic, but once those degrading terms popped up in his mind, he couldn't stop thinking about being labeled as such. Still, he tried to ignore these thoughts in his head.

"Well, I don't mind delivering 'em," he said, honestly. Though Jacob knew that talking about this little "problem" of theirs was like beating a dead horse, worthless, he acknowledged that he better change the topic and fast, or else he'd have no other choice but to wait until the next time he has to deliver one of Y/n's packages to her after they've been wrongfully placed at his house. So, the blond took a peek inside only to find a few snacks and a bowl of popcorn sitting on the table in the living room. "You expectin' company?" He raised a brow.