Chapter 6: Get Ready to Rumble!!

All Might stood at a trash-filled beach. Despite its appearance, the place was slowly improving.

"Soon, Young Midoriya, you will-"

His thoughts were quickly interrupted by a shout. "ALL MIGHT!!" Izuku Midoriya came running toward him, clutching some pamphlets and breathing heavily.

"All Might, remember when I told you about that girl?!"

"The one you technically robbed and said you'd do anything to find and repay?"

Midoriya nodded rapidly. "Well, when Brainstorm repaired her phone..."

"Young Midoriya, I saw what you did to that phone. I'm not sure if we can call it repaying her, more like enhancing it."

"R-Right. But I could pinpoint where the signals were coming from. I could pinpoint her location."

"A little creepy, but if it were anyone else, I'd be concerned. So, I take it you need money now?"

Midoriya nodded eagerly. "And I have the perfect idea to make money quick!" He handed the paper to All Might, who raised an eyebrow before looking at the pamphlet, then back at Midoriya. The next words out of his mouth summed it all up. "Young Midoriya, are you nuts?"

Midoriya flinched. "D-Do you not think it's a good idea?"

"Oh, it's a genius idea. However, this competition is an underground fighting arena, which isn't publicized-which is good-but there are a few issues, my boy."

Midoriya nodded, listening closely.

"First, there are people with strength quirks. You're still registered as quirkless, and there's no way they'll let you fight."

"Second, while this perfectly legal fighting arena is allowed, it has some... questionable participants. People with fighting quirks often feel the urge to fight, sometimes to the death. These battles exist as a way to relieve those... urges. It's how villains like Muscular are prevented from causing more problems."

"I know the risks, but... I'm not just doing this for the girl, but for myself!"

"Huh?"

"All Might, you said the best teacher is experience. What better experience than a battle arena?"

All Might just stared at the boy for a moment before giving a heavy sigh. "Vilgax is rumored to be getting back up. If he comes to Earth, the first-year training at UA won't be enough. You need to engage with people who will want to kill you to at least be able to stand your ground against that murderous aura he exudes. And it's not like you're going to experience a villain attack at UA." He chuckled slightly at the thought.

"Alright. I still think this is... a questionable idea."

"I-I know, but I can't just let this go. That girl begged us, and... I'm going to earn the money! I'll fight in the tournament and win!"

A few days passed, and the all-out brawl was about to begin. Izuku had applied the day before...

Flashback...

Izuku Midoriya stood in line next to All Might, who was in his skinny form. They were now in front of the applicant manager, who was reviewing Midoriya's files. He glanced between the file and Midoriya.

"You do realize this is a strength quirk tournament, right? We allow people with other types of quirks or mutant abilities if we think they'll make things interesting. But quirkless participants are strictly forbidden. Sorry, kid."

As the manager spoke, a man passing by caught sight of them. He was smoking a cigarette, dressed in a green overcoat, boots, and cargo pants, and he appeared to be fiddling with something in his hands. He took an interest in the conversation, eyeing the boy.