Chapter 52: A Hero's Guilt

As the sun continued to rise, the Plumbers worked tirelessly to help those on the scene. Ochaco paced around, her heels clicking on the ground, her worry evident on her face.

"Stop pacing around, it's getting annoying!" Bakugou shouted, wincing as a Plumber officer tended to his wounds.

"Hey, stop screaming," the officer said, before pulling out a leather strap. "Here, bite on this."

Bakugou bit down on the strap, and the officer's hand glowed with a faint green light. Bakugou's eyes shot open in pain as he felt his arm begin to reform.

"Ahh...ahh...shit!" Bakugou screamed, his body tensing up. The cracking of bones echoed through the air as the officer worked.

The officer's hands moved swiftly, his fingers probing and manipulating the shattered bones. Bakugou's face contorted in agony, his teeth clenched on the strap.

After a few minutes of intense pain, the officer stepped back. "It's done," he said. "But I'll need to work on your other arm later."

Bakugou nodded weakly, his eyes still closed. "Sorry, not all of us can be Recovery Girl," the officer said with a smile. "My quirk allows me to heal, but it can hurt like hell."

The officer looked around for the next patient. "Now, whose next?"
...

Everyone gulped in fear, their faces turning pale as they watched Bakugou's intense pain.

"There's a pink-haired girl, her arms were wrecked severely," the officer said, his expression grim. "My quirk can heal injuries far better than Recovery Girl, but..."

He winced, anticipating the pain he would inflict. "If the girl is in severe condition, and Recovery Girl feels I could do a better job, then that girl is going to be in a world of pain."

The officer quickly left, leaving Class 1-A and B to sigh in relief. However, the girls didn't share the same relief.
...
The girls exchanged worried glances, their faces filled with concern. "Izuku-kun's been gone for too long," Momo whispered.

Kyouka nodded, her eyes scanning the horizon. "He should have been back by now. Something's wrong."

Ibara clasped her hands together in prayer. "Dear Lord, please keep him safe." Ibara's face turned a little pink.'I need him to be safe.'

Yui bit her thumb, looking at the ground anxiously. "What if something happened to him? What if he's...?"
.....

"Think he could still be fighting that freak?" Monoma asked, his brow furrowed in concern.

"Then we need to go help him!" Mina said, her eyes wide with urgency as she took a step forward.

Sen slumped his shoulders, his head hung low. "We... all so helpless, we're supposed... to be heroes..." His voice trailed off, his words laced with self-doubt.

Shoji looked down, his eyes avoiding eye contact. "I have never been beaten so thoroughly and easily," he muttered, his voice barely audible.

Toru wrapped her arms around herself, her eyes cast downward. "Yeah... I've never felt so useless," she whispered, her voice trembling.

Itsuka's eyes were fixed on the ground, her head wrapped in bandages. "Izuku... I'm sorry..." she thought, her lips moving silently.

Kurioro crossed his arms, his expression unyielding. "Why should we? Just so we can get in his way again? This is Midoriya's problem, let him solve it himself."

Mineta nodded in agreement, his eyes gleaming with a mix of relief and guilt. "Yeah, we should let Midoriya handle this. He's stronger than all of us combined."